DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 8 First ... 45678 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Segin View Post
    I WANT EVERYONE to go back and READ tHIS THREAD. Where, WHERE was I out of line. I only responded minimally out of the realm of extreme niciety
    It started around here:

Seems like the current code really sucks, else more effects would be available to CnC.

<Replied to a post that was far from current- apologies>

Blog Entries
    I WANT EVERYONE to go back and READ tHIS THREAD. Where, WHERE was I out of line. I only responded minimally out of the realm of extreme niciety when I was called out again and again and again after explanation upon explantion and then told I was a lier about the EFFECTS and a picture drawn with 7 red lines and accused of being uncivil. Go back and read. Someone said that since I didn't know it, ability scores were tied to ST's. You posted a picture after much delving into back files to prove me wrong on Effects.
    Ask, and ye shall receive. Buckle up, buttercup:

Sir, you should check your own link. Look real hard. [snip] Look real close. Tell me if you see it. I believe you will find that it isn't there. [snip]

You guys are so focused on proving me wrong, you are not hearing what I am saying. [snip] Maybe you should read my suggestion for that, instead of dismissing it out of hand. I told you. [snip] If you can't wrap your head around that concept, then I'll just nod my head with you, and say ok. No use arguing with you.
    it wouldn't take a genius level person to come up with an alternative. [snip] I am not going to sit here and do it all. [snip] But you want to dismiss a fundamental issue and always say because its part of the Seige Engine and it can't be done. That is bolox.
    LOL. I have mentioned that already. [snip] I've actually one upped your solution [snip]

And please read what I have written. I know it is an ability check, a siege check. If you read my solution you would see that I know this (by making a second hidden copy of the ability scores). duh.
    Your wrong on all counts though. It is something that needs to be addressed. [snip] The thing is it does, and your wrong.
    And I guess I do get defensive, when everything I said should be a simple request, yet everyone knocks it down like it is a silly idea. WHY would you want to affect ST's when you can change your Move Silently skills and melee attacks and range attacks and damage modifiers to get the ST effect your looking for. Not one person has said, hey that is a cool idea. And not one has said thanks for finding out that you can change all the ability scores without having to type them in one at a time. You've wen't waaay out of your way to prove me wrong on all counts. I guess all you pro's knew it already and just didn't think it was worth sharing. I don't know. But I've told it like I see it.
    So, gee, I dunno. Some random dude on the internet starts snarking off in what could be (and obviously was) taken as a hostile manner saying "this is bolox" (you'll notice you're the only one who said that this entire thread) "Go back and read that page. Look real close. What do you see?" and "it doesn't take a genius, duh," and "I've already one-upped your solution" and finally "you're wrong on all counts" ooooh but then you switch into Victim Mode "you guys are so focused on proving me wrong."

This entire thread no one tried to prove you "wrong." Most of the thread you were not communicating why you wanted saving throws (which yes, was repeatedly pointed out saves are just plain ol' SIEGE checks) which was pointed out with the one single question to you:

Quote Originally Posted by Mortar View Post
    With the way the C&C rules are written,WHY do you need to set up a hidden set of scores to act as saving throws? That's the part I think Andraax is not understanding - because I know I am not understanding your thinking behind this.
    You'll notice the moment you clearly and concisely stated some specific examples of where it could be beneficial to check only for saves, that's when @Andraax understood what you meant and coded his solution which is nice and clean, and doesn't break any of the existing code/DLC. But sure, he's only out to prove you wrong. You're the victim. Here, have a cookie. JFC...

Trenloe thinks I've won something. Crazy. Trenloe is made because he think's I've won. Won what? Some CnC functionality? Let someone else be the lamb for slaughter.
    My exact comment was "You may feel you've "won", but I'm guessing you've starting burning some bridges..." and that was in a direct response to you saying "It took a while to get here, seemed so simple to start. Who knew the opposition I'd face." Particularly the word "opposition".

My PMs to you were very clearly about pointing out that, right or wrong, you've been overly aggressive and you're alienating multiple long standing community members. I'm not mad in the slightest, to be perfectly honest I couldn't care less. I was purely trying to help you avoid annoying a bunch of people by advising you that you'd overstepped the mark in a lot or people's eyes. Take that advise or not. I see that you didnt... fair enough. Your choice and your loss. I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over it.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

See my second Post. I stated clearly why. Later, I clearly stated it again, this time with a spell as an example. And yeah, I repeatedly had to explain it, defend it, was told I was lying, etc. Every one of my posts was in response to a post to me. So there ya go.

Segin

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Ask, and ye shall receive. Buckle up, buttercup:

So, gee, I dunno. Some random dude on the internet starts snarking off in what could be (and obviously was) taken as a hostile manner saying "this is bolox" (you'll notice you're the only one who said that this entire thread) "Go back and read that page. Look real close. What do you see?" and "it doesn't take a genius, duh," and "I've already one-upped your solution" and finally "you're wrong on all counts" ooooh but then you switch into Victim Mode "you guys are so focused on proving me wrong."

This entire thread no one tried to prove you "wrong." Most of the thread you were not communicating why you wanted saving throws (which yes, was repeatedly pointed out saves are just plain ol' SIEGE checks) which was pointed out with the one single question to you:

You'll notice the moment you clearly and concisely stated some specific examples of where it could be beneficial to check only for saves, that's when @Andraax understood what you meant and coded his solution which is nice and clean, and doesn't break any of the existing code/DLC. But sure, he's only out to prove you wrong. You're the victim. Here, have a cookie. JFC...
    Signature:A past thread ended with me being vilified. I didn't explain well (I thought it obvious) and others kept rebuking my idea and it ended bad. Thus I will add explanations/screen shots/etc in all future posts to avoid confusion. /The seperation of "Saves in CnC" wherein I didn't clarify why well and no one recognized the need which frustrated. I realized my mistake to spell it out abc, but was attacked partly (imo) because a pwrdude got offended and (I admit) partly my presentation.

Burn bridges with people that want to argue instead of listening? umm, ok . I'll take that resolution. Because to me, everyone's post was a try to bash.
    And so, at some point you want to say you finally understood. Then ok, where is the Wow, we understand now posts? Nowhere. The post came out like "to end this guy who won't stop ranting and raving, I'm going to change something so he will shut up" type of post.

Person finds it hard to 'rant and rave' if there isn't posts of opposition and people trying to go back in time to find evidence to prove me wrong.

If you can't take your own responsibility for this non-sense thread of schoolyard garbage, then what does it say about you? And that is what

I've found by these posts by supposed Admin grown ups. They like to point fingers and not take responsibility or give credit. They are more concerned about one up-manship. I've given FG much credit for things, and only kept posting here to keep trying to explain and defend, oops, I mean I only kept 'ranting and raving' here to respond to your words.

I see no point in responding more. You guys are childish or at least very insecure, trying to put all blame on me, when I gave explanation upon explanation and responded in kind to what I was given. I'm fine with the outcome, the burnt bridges. You've got a better product and if it doesn't meet my needs, I can spend my money elsewhere.

I tried to be banned from the forum, but they said the only way was to cancel my account, and I don't want that. It's hard not to respond to crap people post about you that is wrong, misguided and at least equally as childish and mean. But since I it's apparent the level of maturity I am dealing with, its going to be easier.
    Last edited by Segin; August 17th, 2018 at 03:38.
    Signature:A past thread ended with me being vilified. I didn't explain well (I thought it obvious) and others kept rebuking my idea and it ended bad. Thus I will add explanations/screen shots/etc in all future posts to avoid confusion. /The seperation of "Saves in CnC" wherein I didn't clarify why well and no one recognized the need which frustrated. I realized my mistake to spell it out abc, but was attacked partly (imo) because a pwrdude got offended and (I admit) partly my presentation.

See my second Post. I stated clearly why.
    Really? This is the *only* thing to do with Saving Throws in your second post in this thread: "My second wishlist was concerning ST's where there is no current way to adjust. I gave a possible coding work around, without any coding knowledge to know if it's possible. Seems like the current code really sucks, else more effects would be available to CnC."

Where does this "state clearly why" saving throws should be different to standard ability check (siege checks).

Later, I clearly stated it again, this time with a spell as an example.
    This was the first time that you gave an example of why there was a need for a separate Saving Throw action. Prior to that there was nothing clear at all - you were just re-stating over and over the same thing. We asked you "why" but all you did was start to go off on one.

And yeah, I repeatedly had to explain it, defend it, was told I was lying, etc. Every one of my posts was in response to a post to me. So there ya go.
    Your idea of repeatedly explaining it was just to keep saying the same thing, not give an example of why Saving Throws should be a different action. As part of this explaining repeatedly you started to get aggressive - I know *you* don't think you were, but the majority of people on these forums think you were - using the statements highlighted by Talyn above are aggressive, they are - even if you can't see it.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

And of all the posts you snipped, I don't see any that isn't a worthy response except for one. And I mentioned it already - The guy who told me the solution was to do it by hand, and asked if I didn't realize that ST's were tied to Ability scores. I responded with a Duh, before, after like 6 minutes, I went back and edited it. For you to have clipped the one that had the Duh in it, means you spent a lot of time going back into some repository to bring out the Duh comment. That is how much you want to blame me. And to be honest, the response to what he accused me of wasn't that much out of line. But it is one post out of all of them that I would feel even the smallest amount of regret. Everything else was spot on.

As I explained above and in Private Message to Trenloe, the comment about code sucking was a misunderstanding I suppose. I thought everyone thought it sucked. The Unity engine, I thought, was being written because the current code was so hard to use. My mistake, but not apologizing for saying it, because it had no ill intent in it. I was actually given someone an excuse for not having more effects coded in.

So yeah, the snippits to me seem pretty tame compared to what I was responding too and everyone's continued flames against me.
    Last edited by Segin; August 17th, 2018 at 03:47.

OH, and since you want to threaten me with basically no support, why not just cancel my account, take the software back somehow, and refund the hundreds of dollars I've spent? Since I have used it (in an attempt to learn it), I'd accept a partial refund. I'd consider THAT a win.

losts of complete disilusioned babble...
    I have to add that I'm finding your blinkered view and about-face statements really quite entertaining. I think the version of the thread you must have in your mind is a completely different one to that which resides in the real world.

As an example, I'll take just one of your statements that doesn't jibe with what has actually gone on in the thread that everyone else has read:

I've found by these posts by supposed Admin grown ups. They like to point fingers and not take responsibility or give credit. They are more concerned about one up-manship.
    Nice to throw back at me something that I've already accused you of. I suppose that "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" - so I should thank you!

However, the only person who seems interested in one upmanship is.... wait for it...
    LOL. I have mentioned that already. The only way to adjust ST's is to do it by hand. I've actually one upped your solution and put a Modifier in the Modifier's Table...
    I could go on and on and on with pulling apart what you've said today. As much as you're entertaining and your antics are a bit-of-a-laugh, you're not worth my time. You actually have a completely upside down view of how you behaved in this thread and nothing I can say is going to change that. Continuing to pull apart your deluded statements would be easy - but I have better things to do. Continue to entertain us by all means! But I think I'll sit at the back eating my popcorn for a while... Good luck!

Thread Information