STAR TREK 2d20

View Poll Results: How should Autosounds Trigger?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep as is (OOB Messages)

3 6.12%
  • Off Chat Window Strings (more manual work for GM)

4 8.16%
  • Have Both Options Avalaible

38 77.55%
  • Don't care

4 8.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 92 of 163 First ... 42829091929394102142 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by Rilmarion View Post
    How or can I set up the triggers so that when a dagger is making attack, it plays SOUND A if the attack HIT, SOUND B if it misses, SOUND C if it's CRITS, SOUND D if it AUTOMATICALLY MISSES?
    You have to incorporate the messages that appear in the chat window. So for your first case, you would trigger off of (for example) "Attack","Dagger" and "HIT".

Quote Originally Posted by TimeForAPint View Post
    Is there any way to incorporate my own sounds into this? Either through the extension or to add them to my Syrinscape installation?
    Yes, people do it all the time. You just need to set up the filepath to the sound file.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...0/Untitled.jpg

If I do that, it doesn't work. It stop working as soon as I put the third trigger of hit on. With just the first trigger or the first and second, it plays the sound when ever the first line is seen in chat:

[ATTACK (M)] Dagger

But when I add that third line, it no longer plays the sound, on a HIT or MISS.

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    Yes, people do it all the time. You just need to set up the filepath to the sound file.
    Where do I do this?

Quote Originally Posted by TimeForAPint View Post
    Where do I do this?
    Would writing the directory location in the "string' field work?

Would writing the directory location in the "string' field work?
    Why yes, yes it does!

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Sorry, do you mean "Tooltips": where some sort of information is displayed when the mouse is positioned (hovered) over the SoundLink?

If that's what you mean, then I'll look into it, OK? If not, then what do you mean?

Cheers
    That's precisely what I meant! I organize some sounds like directly into the map (I know you advise against it ) and sometimes it's hard to remember what is what. Thanks a bunch.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...0/Untitled.jpg

If I do that, it doesn't work. It stop working as soon as I put the third trigger of hit on. With just the first trigger or the first and second, it plays the sound when ever the first line is seen in chat:

[ATTACK (M)] Dagger

But when I add that third line, it no longer plays the sound, on a HIT or MISS.
    Can you post a screen shot of the chat window, that shows what the output looks like that you are trying to trigger off of?

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    Can you post a screen shot of the chat window, that shows what the output looks like that you are trying to trigger off of?
    chatview.png

If you looked at the attached file, I rolled a dagger attack twice.

The first one is when the Player (me joined table as a player using the join Localhost) rolls. It shows the Attack Result first on a line, then the Attack Type second on a new line.

The second one is Me rolling the attack through the DM window, be it that player or a NPC. When I the DM roll, it shows the Attack Type on first line, then Attack Result on second line.

Quote Originally Posted by kmfdm View Post
    Ok starting a new Campaign started setting up sounds, but no Chat-Sounds work on Rolls.
    I was confused so I reloaded my old campaign and those don't work either now.
    But If I type in the trigger to Chat it does work.
    Am I missing something?

Tried reloading the extensions but nothing works now.

Screenshot of Chat-Sound Triggering

Example of Chat Trigger I can't get to work
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    Make sure you have show results on and show roll totals. Otherwise it won't work.
    I have both of those options on, but I still have the exact same problem - typing triggers in a chat bubble works, while the same triggers from dice rolling do nothing. Any other ideas?

Thread Information