DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12

The 4E parser needs access to the compendium to work.

Blog Entries
    I registered a new account yesterday and it gives me full access to the Compendium from what I can see.
    The 4e parser appears to be running just fine... its hard to know fr sure though as it apparently takes many hours to run...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I registered a new account yesterday and it gives me full access to the Compendium from what I can see.
    And can you open an item inside the database? Because when I want to click on a link, the website asks for a looped authentication... So I only can download Dragon & Dungeon Magazines (and the character sheets)...

I meet an error with the Character Builder and the Adventure Tools:

Code:
    System.ServiceModel.FaultException: The creator of this fault did not specify a Reason.

Blog Entries
    Great gnashing of teeth ensues - I only went as far as searching the compendium and seeing that it brought up loads of results. I didnt try accessing any of those individual records. You do indeed get sent back for another login for teh compendium. You can access character builder and monster builder and archived issues of Dragon and Dungeon but the Compendium's actual meat.... is locked.

Indeed, it appears that having made the switch from the email login to the username login has ker-borked the parser...

Blog Entries
    Hi Chazz I believe if you do actually have an active DDI subscription and you login via the browser and leave the browser open in the background that the parser will still work. But maybe its better if I shut up on this thread as I cant actually verify that as I no longer have a subscription of my own...

Quote Originally Posted by Ramius613 View Post
    Which I found out no longer requires a subscription to use it.
    The Compendium never required a subscription to search the database. The subscription is only necessary if you want to actually click and read the descriptions. Other people can get the source, and read directly there (Unless it is listed as "multiple sources", then you have no luck.)

Thread Information