Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    As do most of us I suspect, but I was wandering how you managed to have all of your PCs/NPCs near the top of the CT?
    It's automatic in the C&C ruleset (and, I imagine, all of the CoreRPG derived rulesets). When you click the "Next Actor" button, the new actor's entry is opened, and if it's not on the currently displayed section of the CT, the CT automatically scrolls so that the open entry is near the top (for the NPCs anyway, which is what I need to manipulate).

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    It's automatic in the C&C ruleset (and, I imagine, all of the CoreRPG derived rulesets). When you click the "Next Actor" button, the new actor's entry is opened, and if it's not on the currently displayed section of the CT, the CT automatically scrolls so that the open entry is near the top (for the NPCs anyway, which is what I need to manipulate).
    Ah, right I see what you mean. I thought you were saying that even if you have 20 characters on the Combat Tracker all of them were crammed into the top of it and there was therefore no need then to scroll to find the correct target.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    I pretty much run all the combats from the CT, not from the map. I only go to the map if I need to move a token.
    Same here. However, if the CT has many entries and the PC that my NPC needs to attack is not in view, it is easier to direct the attack on the PC's token in the map.

As a player, I find this even more useful. I can't easily find the NPC I want to attack in the CT but it gets cluttered and the NPC names are often not distinctive enough. The map, however, gives me great visual targeting.

As a player, I use the map more than the CT. However, as GM (which is what we were discussing here), I find myself using the CT almost exclusively, except when I click on the token to get to the map, make any movements or targeting changes for the NPC, then I go back to the CT (but that's pretty rare). When an NPC is *not* attacking, then I'm looking at the map generally, accepting player moves as their turns come up and keeping an overview of the battle in my mind for the next time an NPC's turn comes up.

You can also double-click on the linked token on the map to bring up its NPC (or PC) character sheet - allowing you to quickly make rolls and close the sheet without visiting the combat tracker.

This is not quite what the OP is asking, but it does allow attacks to be made via token access on the map rather than combat tracker entries.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information