Starfinder Playlist
Page 24 of 26 First ... 142223242526 Last
    While I own a couple tablets and like the idea of being able to use them for FG2, I don't think its a feature I would use all that often. I usually spend most of my FG2 time running the games, so I personally would like to see more features added to FG2. I love the dynamic lights and line of sight ideas, as well as particle effects as well.

But really my biggest gripe is how cluttered my screen gets with all the maps, notes and tokens that I need to just run my game. How bout a tab system of some sort, where we can place all our notes on one tab, all the player handouts on another and the maps on a 3rd. Maybe you could break up the desktop area into 4 sections rather than just the one that is there now. Give GM's (or players) the ability to "zoom out" to the tabletop as a whole and show some default images to denote what each section of the table holds (maps in one, GM notes in another, character sheets in a 3rd, and reference books in the last). Then, the GM could run the game by switching back and forth between each section as he needed. Need to move some tokens on the battlemap, zoom into there, make your move, then zoom over to the area with your character sheet. While looking at your sheet, you need to reference a rule about an ability on it, so zoom over to the reference part of the table and look it up. Then when that done, zoom back to the battlemap and make your moves.
    Oh yeah, dynamic light and line of sight too. I'd definately support a kickstarter for these features.

By the way, any word of when this kickstarter is gonna be up and running?......hurry up and take my money!!!

There is a tab system for everything but the Library and Tokens. Admittedly being able to change the icons and colors could be improved.

Honestly, while the dynamic lighting, and LOS is nice and shiny, that is even more work on my side as a GM I would have to do that I'm not particularly wanting to do. After all for that to work, you have to apply what blocks LOS and light, which would honestly be time consuming I expect.

I prefer Fantasy Grounds over the VTT's that I have seen, I prefer substance to style, function to form. The 3D, dynamic lighting and LOS are shiny and all, but I want function over form. There are other functional VTT's but they are limited to 3.5 & 4e DnD, and Pathfinder. Fantasy Grounds runs multiple systems with much more functionality than I have found anywhere else, only one has come close, though right now I forget the name.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Blog Entries
    Spamming this thread!

Fantasy Grounds Virtual Con 3 is here - plenty of player slots available and just enough time for GMs to add any new games! Follow my signature for more info!

I have a FG licence, but have been looking for an Android tablet version of a virtual tabletop. Having found none I came across this thread. I would definately back a KS project for an Android/Tablet version of FG2.

P.S I know about the already existing 3D Virtual Tabletop for Android but I dont want 3D and the App is pants

ipad app is the one to go with
    Borusa32

I'm with Thrylax that one of the biggest frustrations with FG (both as a player and a DM) is shortage of screen real estate. Rather than tabs, I'd like to be able to connect additional devices to be additional displays for my Windows based FG session. Pop up a second FG Window on you second PC screen. Connect in you phone and pop the combat tracker on there. Connect in you tablet and pull up you reference library stuff there.

And while we are on the subject of screen space, why can't the PFRPG character sheet be resized bigger? Its so painful having to scroll so much on the actions tab when you have a high level character with lots of spells plus additional spell "classes" for feat, magic item, hex effects etc.

Quote Originally Posted by heatsink View Post
    And while we are on the subject of screen space, why can't the PFRPG character sheet be resized bigger? Its so painful having to scroll so much on the actions tab when you have a high level character with lots of spells plus additional spell "classes" for feat, magic item, hex effects etc.
    Open the "MINI" character sheet - that can be resized.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I would have to disagree with a dedicated iPad or android version tbh - If you were to consider this kind of functionality, I would suggest a HTML5 wrapped application might be a better choice - this would allow any HTML5 device to use FantasyGrounds.... iPads/Android/Windows8 RTM/Windows8 Pro/Mac's/Linux...etc should then be able to use the same application, surely this is a better solution all round?

Personally, I would run a remote desktop connection on my android or iPhone device and control my PC that way over WiFi. FG is not a graphics hungry application like a game (i.e. needing decent FPS) and you could utilise the processing power of your PC.
    Last edited by ColinBuckler; April 30th, 2014 at 13:43.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by heatsink View Post
    Pop up a second FG Window on you second PC screen.
    Are you familiar with running it in a Windowed mode and dragging the dimensions of the window across multiple monitors? As long as you have your 2nd monitor set to Extended Desktop mode, Fantasy Grounds will treat it as one very wide monitor. I normally run this way as opposed to running in Maximized/Full-screen mode anyway since it works better when I navigate to other apps.

Thread Information