FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last

Thread: Release v3.0

You should send one or several of these ruleset to Moon Wizard, my guess is he needs the file to understand this compatibility issue

Quote Originally Posted by Nael View Post
    Since the release of the 3.0, I have the same problem with several rulesets : when one of my player is chatting, he has an error message which says : Script error : [string "scripts/chat_entry.lua"]:32: attempt to concatenate a nil value.
    Is it the same player who has the issue? If so, then I'd check the version of FG they are using (make sure it is the same as the GM) and also check the player name they use when they join FG and the name of the PC they have selected - check for "strange" characters in the names, i.e. non standard "English" characters.

If there is nothing obvious in the player/PC name then try having the player restart FG after selecting their character.

Back to your question - I don't think that an unregistered FG will ask for a user name and password to use the update in DEV mode. But, if it does, get the player to enter their Fantasy Grounds website user ID and password - if they don't have one, get them to create one. They don't need to buy anything...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    also check the player name they use when they join FG and the name of the PC they have selected - check for "strange" characters in the names, i.e. non standard "English" characters.
    Quite fun, any non standard English character is “strange” nowadays

But if that were the case, it's a bug and should be reported as such.

@ Trenloe

Not, it happened with differents players. It also happened to me when i join on my session as a player to test... Curisouly, it don't happens when i chat (as gm). And I tested with three custom rulesets - all have the issue. But savage world works fine. And Coc works fine too. One of the three ruleset is a custom adaptation from coc to delta green, and translated in french.

Thx for the support, guys

No, it is for all players... It is even for me when I try to join on my session as a player.

But savage words and cthulhu works fine, it's only for custom rulesets.

Thx for the help, by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Nael View Post
    But savage words and cthulhu works fine, it's only for custom rulesets.
    Which custom rulesets?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It will not be very helpful : these rulesets are french adaptations of several french rpg. The three I tried were Polaris, Trinités and Delta Green. Just tried wih ombres d'esteren and it is the same.
    I will try to reinstall.

If Les Ombres d'Esteren doesn't work, it's very probably a compatibility issue more than a badly written ruleset (since it's a very good ruleset, far cleaner written than other French ones). And whatever the language, code is international. You should send a couple to JPG so he could see what's wrong.

For some weird reason, i have desinstall/reinstall, and now it works...

Thx for the help guys !

EDIT: Responded before seeing rest of thread. Let me know if still an issue.

Nael,

What ruleset are you using? We've been working very hard to make the new FG backward compatible with existing rulesets, or help update those rulesets that aren't. I plan to phase out v2.9.4 in the Test slot at the end of the month, so I want to address any issues now.

FG does not ask for a user name and password when updating. In the Settings screen, there is an option to "Update" the User Name for the installation, in order to keep purchased products up to date, but it is not required. There is also a "Mode" option, which is a separate option.

Regards,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; January 17th, 2014 at 20:08.

Thread Information