DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Creating the Artificer class?

We're playing 5e D&D, and a friend of mine offered to run a short campaign so that I, the forever-DM, could play for a while.

I have a TON of 5e materials in Fantasy Grounds... been collecting them for years, and there are very few books I do not have in my account. My friend has an ultimate FG license, but not many of the books: I think he's got the PHB and MM1.

One of the other players in the group asked if he could play an Artificer.

My question is this: Is it possible for me to export the Artificer class so my friend can use it? Or are there copyright restrictions that would prevent that? I had started to create the Artificer from scratch, copying text from D&D Beyond, but it is ridiculously complicated.

Is there another option?

Thank you!
    A.J.

“It isn't Narnia, you know," sobbed Lucy. "It's you. We shan't meet you there. And how can we live, never meeting you?"
    "But you shall meet me, dear one," said Aslan.
    "Are -are you there too, Sir?" said Edmund.
    "I am," said Aslan. "But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

No, you can't copy the class and distribute it for copyright reasons. However the Artificer was detailed in the Unearthed Arcana module which your user could buy from the store (it's only $1; but isn't the latest version of the class - some amendment may well be required); or you could create a character yourself and export it to an xml file and send it to the player. You would need to do any housekeeping subsequently when the character levels up etc (they'd need to export the file send it to you and you'd need to send it back etc).

Creating the class yourself should be ridiculously simple - especially if you are copying from D&D Beyond. See video thirty-five here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-do-I-in-Unity
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    No, you can't copy the class and distribute it for copyright reasons. However the Artificer was detailed in the Unearthed Arcana module which your user could buy from the store (it's only $1; but isn't the latest version of the class - some amendment may well be required); or you could create a character yourself and export it to an xml file and send it to the player. You would need to do any housekeeping subsequently when the character levels up etc (they'd need to export the file send it to you and you'd need to send it back etc).

Creating the class yourself should be ridiculously simple - especially if you are copying from D&D Beyond. See video thirty-five here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-do-I-in-Unity
    Thank you very much! I appreciate your response!
    A.J.

“It isn't Narnia, you know," sobbed Lucy. "It's you. We shan't meet you there. And how can we live, never meeting you?"
    "But you shall meet me, dear one," said Aslan.
    "Are -are you there too, Sir?" said Edmund.
    "I am," said Aslan. "But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Thread Information