5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Savage world chip bag

I'm a player in a deadlands game using the swade rules etc and we keep running into issues with the chip bag running out of chips. Is there anyway to have a setting for a bottomless chip bag?

Quote Originally Posted by Rxh4728 View Post
    I'm a player in a deadlands game using the swade rules etc and we keep running into issues with the chip bag running out of chips. Is there anyway to have a setting for a bottomless chip bag?
    You cannot run out of Bennies, ever in SWADE FG. The GM has a limited pool for himself, based on number of players, but he can cheat at will. Player Bennies also are unlimited from the GMs side.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    You cannot run out of Bennies, ever in SWADE FG. The GM has a limited pool for himself, based on number of players, but he can cheat at will. Player Bennies also are unlimited from the GMs side.
    Then there might be a glitch he tries to award them and it says the bag is empty

Blog Entries
    Please have the GM Compile Logs and attach them here. Trying to resolve this second hand is going to be challenging.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I really doubt its an error. There are 2 Benny stacks on the GM screen, one is the GM bennies which are 1 per player at the start of the session and then next to that is an infinite Benny stack for distributing Bennies during play. Also in the Party Sheet there is a button to Reset Bennies which is for use at the start of each session.

Also there is no "Benny Bag" in SWADE on FG.

This is a thing running deadlands reloaded with SWADE. I am not the GM so I don't have the access to make a case but he runs out of fate chips often. The fate chips in deadlands are not as automated as bennies in swade.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffy View Post
    This is a thing running deadlands reloaded with SWADE. I am not the GM so I don't have the access to make a case but he runs out of fate chips often. The fate chips in deadlands are not as automated as bennies in swade.
    I just did a little test and the chips seems to be all assigned from the Party Sheet and the Deadlands Reloaded Extension is throwing errors, looks like it needs an update.

Also, just spammed a PC with a lot of chips, and it did run out when I had a crazy stack each of Red White and Blue chips on the PC. Are you guys hording chips, they are meant to be spent

That said, the extension does need updating. Dunno who is responsible for that one.

Ya I feel for whomever gets that chore.

The rules state there is supposed to be a limit on chips which is probably being observed.

In the Deadlands: Reloaded core rulebook "At the start of each game, the Marshal puts 20 white, 10 red, and 5 blue poker chips into a hat, cup, or other container—called the “Fate Pot.” Each player, without looking, draws as many chips as his character is allowed—usually three." (page 56).

You are right it does throw errors and does not take advantage of the automation that bennies have.

SWADE Deadlands doesn't use chips, only SWD Deadlands uses chips, the module documentation should have instructions for setting the chip numbers, and no unlimited chips is not an option.
    Last edited by Doswelk; April 23rd, 2024 at 14:33.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thread Information