5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    In the example from the DMG in your first post it's the player who needs to make the investigation roll; and the player would need to be actively investigating (probably after some kind of passive perception check in the first place). Since skill checks don't have a target even if the trap was making the check it would be making a check on itself and not the PC (It would be using it's own investigation skill to make the roll - not the PCs). So I'm not sure how you'd get the trap to roll the check accurately. (I suppose it would mean adding in code to make the skill roll have a target and make a check similar to a saving throw).
    I would see it the same as a spell save, the NPC is the one that casts the spell, but the target is the one that makes the save.

But even if it doesn't parse to the CT, if the text highlights and becomes what I call 'active' then the DM could drop that on the player that needs to make the save and it would roll.

Even though I'm not a huge fan of FG making the rolls for players, it's how a lot of FG currently works. A different solution, like being able to assign a target to a player roll would be fine, but that would be all new in 5E.

The Requested Rolls extension is a workaround, but the DM still has to enter the values and the trait text is not 'active' in helping.

But, this is just an enhancement idea. Not a bug or lack of ability to play or implement a rule

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I would see it the same as a spell save, the NPC is the one that casts the spell, but the target is the one that makes the save.

But even if it doesn't parse to the CT, if the text highlights and becomes what I call 'active' then the DM could drop that on the player that needs to make the save and it would roll.

Even though I'm not a huge fan of FG making the rolls for players, it's how a lot of FG currently works. A different solution, like being able to assign a target to a player roll would be fine, but that would be all new in 5E.

The Requested Rolls extension is a workaround, but the DM still has to enter the values and the trait text is not 'active' in helping.

But, this is just an enhancement idea. Not a bug or lack of ability to play or implement a rule
    Yeah it doesn't parse skill checks.

You don't need RR, you can use the party sheet.

Yes I agree it's not automated like saves can be. Not sure why it never was, but it wasn't and currently isn't.

Greece & Iceland, depending on the time of year.
    If I recall correctly, the party sheet sends rolls to all players, you can’t send a roll to an individual player.

Also, the party sheet cannot send rolls to NPCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vass_Dts View Post
    If I recall correctly, the party sheet sends rolls to all players, you can’t send a roll to an individual player.

Also, the party sheet cannot send rolls to NPCs.
    This is correct, good requests to add on the Features list though if you want it.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Which I think the parsing skill rolls is on the list.

Thread Information