5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

More than one token per NPC?

Hi,

Now that we have a more developed system for NPC tokens with the advent of 2.5D maps, would it be possible to expand the system to add a number of different tokens (both flat and 2.5D) for an NPC type when they appear as a group within an encounter? When I'm playing face to face I take pride in that all my NPCs are represented by individual unique minis, wherever possible, and I'd love to be able to replicate that variety in Fantasy Grounds. Any chance in the near future?

Loving the work that's being done.

Cheers,

Simon

Blog Entries
    Instead of 4 Goblins
    Duplicate the Goblin NPC record as Green Goblin, Grey Goblin, Black Goblin and give each one different tokens/images.

Blog Entries
    You can add it to the Feature Request List if its not already there; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featurerequests

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Instead of 4 Goblins
    Duplicate the Goblin NPC record as Green Goblin, Grey Goblin, Black Goblin and give each one different tokens/images.
    Hi Damned,

yes, that's what I've always done in the past, I was just flagging up to the devs that it may be a desirable QoL feature (prep less, play more) to look into whilst they're expanding on the token functionality at the moment. I'm guessing I'm not the only one with hundreds of great tokens just itching to make up a horde or two!

I'll add it to the list!

Cheers all,

Simon

In 2e it works to just add in Goblin to your encounter. Then set the number to X (3 for example) and then drag a new portrait to each of the images in the Encounter for three different goblins to appear.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

Quote Originally Posted by anstett View Post
    In 2e it works to just add in Goblin to your encounter. Then set the number to X (3 for example) and then drag a new portrait to each of the images in the Encounter for three different goblins to appear.
    I think that also works in 5E.

Blog Entries
    That is what damned described. What the OP wants is for either indivdual or automatic selection from a pool of tokens. So you create an Encounter and set the number of goblins to 5, and FG looks at a pool of tokens (name, location, tag?) and then gives each instance of those goblins a different token.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

You must be using an extension if that is the case. If you add a goblin to an encounter and then make that three; you can change the token of all three by dragging in a new token and dropping it onto the token on the far left of the name. (This is the same as in 5e and in most other rulesets as well). If you want three different tokens for the three goblins you need to drag in a goblin three times and then change the token in each case. This is what the OP is doing but wants to be able to allocate a number of tokens for Goblin and have FG automatically pick a random one for each of the goblins in the encounter - without having to drag each goblin in separately.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You must be using an extension if that is the case. If you add a goblin to an encounter and then make that three; you can change the token of all three by dragging in a new token and dropping it onto the token on the far left of the name. (This is the same as in 5e and in most other rulesets as well). If you want three different tokens for the three goblins you need to drag in a goblin three times and then change the token in each case. This is what the OP is doing but wants to be able to allocate a number of tokens for Goblin and have FG automatically pick a random one for each of the goblins in the encounter - without having to drag each goblin in separately.
    FOr 5E - I just tried changing the individual token in the Encounter and they would not take the new token, only the master entry will take a new token. I swear I used to be able to change each individual in a group of the same NPC.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by claedawg View Post
    FOr 5E - I just tried changing the individual token in the Encounter and they would not take the new token, only the master entry will take a new token. I swear I used to be able to change each individual in a group of the same NPC.
    I once said the same thing, maybe a year ago. Cuz I could have sworn I did it that way too. But Mr Z and Moon etc convince me I was smoking crack. *G*

Thread Information