Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

FGU 4.5 Update....why?

I've been a long time consumer and supporter of this platform, predominantly to play DnD 5e. I noticed a major update today and got a little excited to see what's been done to the game, only to realize the bulk of it is around some kind of isometric first person view in the client. Did ANYONE ask for that? Was it at the top of our list of recommended game additions from a user community perspective? With the many things I would love to see included in this client, unfortunately for me this was not anywhere on the list. I don't want to get in the way of progress or innovation, but improving the quality of things in our traditional view and tackling the long list of user requested enhancements seems more relevant than focusing time on a what may very well be considered a novelty and used by few.

I wish we had a meaningful way to really prioritize important, relevant updates that the community is looking for and execute those. No need to point me to any location to submit ideas, I've been down the road and I don't find it is taken seriously.

Blog Entries
    Fortunately the FG community is large and diverse. Unfortunately, this means that not every effort or improvement is going to be something valuable to any individual user or group.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I love Smiteworks, but this 1st person update is kind of dumb. lol

And what's this "combat tabetop list?" thing?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Temmpest View Post
    And what's this "combat tabetop list?" thing?
    It's a way to see combat initiative, i.e. who's turn is current and next. It allows some users with some rulesets to not use the much larger Combat Tracker.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

You know, there are a couple of players who might actually be happy about this feature.

Been using FGU for years and never been compelled to complain until this update. It's just... not good. The isometric view looks terrible, but more importantly is the change of behavior when viewing images. Instead of left-click holding to move around the map we not have to use WASD or buttons on the image itself? This change in behavior, work-flow is just jarring. I predict much frustration and even anger from this drop. It feels incomplete somehow.

The Image Camera and Token View modes as well as the Tabletop Combat List are all optional features that you can choose to use or not. We have a good size portion of our community that are very interested in features like this.

Regards,
    JPG

To quote one of my players today seeing the isometric view "I bloody love that".
    Not every update brings features for every person, but appealing to lots of different players is how Smiteworks can sell enough copies to get enough development time to come up with something that YOu want?

Blog Entries
    The nice thing is that the 3D views and 2D views are optional on a per user basis. If you have some players who like and some who don't, they can choose which view they prefer and everyone should be happy.

For panning the map, you can continue to use a middle-mouse click and drag to do so. One of the common complaints about the UI in FG is that the controls are non-standard. The old pan tool control was unique to FG, whereas directional buttons and WASD keys are common across a wide range of tools, programs, and games.

Thread Information