5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Are thre any modules that are ready to use right out of the digital box?

I keep seeing modules that once you download them, still require GMs to do a lot of work to use them. We have to put walls on pen-drawn .pdf maps, create maps for encounters because none were provided, create encounters because all they provide is an encounter table, and so on. Are there any full modules that are actually ready to go once you download them from the FG store? I'm genuinely not sure if it is a case of I haven't see the right modules, my own expectations are too high, or the general standards are just too low. All feedback is welcomed!

Grim

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold11 View Post
    I keep seeing modules that once you download them, still require GMs to do a lot of work to use them. We have to put walls on pen-drawn .pdf maps, create maps for encounters because none were provided, create encounters because all they provide is an encounter table, and so on. Are there any full modules that are actually ready to go once you download them from the FG store? I'm genuinely not sure if it is a case of I haven't see the right modules, my own expectations are too high, or the general standards are just too low. All feedback is welcomed!

Grim
    What modules have you bought because all the ones I have contain maps and encounters and all the other prep work too.

Lost Mines of Phandelver for.example.

Yes, this will depend on the module. I'd suggest that the vast majority are 'ready to go' as far as preparation is concerned. Many will have line of sight and lighting (you can filter products in the store search by with or without LoS). If the publisher of the module provided maps (and not every publisher does) then the maps will be included. If you haven't seen this then you've been very unlucky in your module choice. (It may also depend on the ruleset you are using as well - some modules for the lesser used rulesets may not have all the bells and whistles. Since you posted in 5e forum this shouldn't be an issue).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Lost Mines of Phandelver for.example.
    Except, infamously, the very first encounter doesn't have a map as one wasn't included by WotC.

@Grimbold11 - as has been mentioned, this all depends on what was provided in the original product.

You mention encounter tables - these should be present in Fantasy Grounds allowing you to quickly roll up an encounter; what will be missing is maps for random encounters as these could happen in many different places - for these you can use the generic maps in the "FG Battle Maps" module provided with FG. It shouldn't take you more than a few clicks to deploy a random encounter on a generic battlemap.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    As said, specifics will help. Maybe the module is missing something, or maybe it's in FG but just not apparent, if you give us a module name and a few screen shots of the work you've had to do, we can verify or correct.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information