DICE PACKS BUNDLE

FG to DND Beyond?

Hey all,

We tend to use DND Beyond to store our PCs - due to ease of access/always on nature of the cloud. There's neat application to export your DNDB characters into XML format and import that into FG. Works great.

Is anyone aware of a reverse function? A PC in my campaign has picked up a load of random clutter in his Inventory and I'd like to be able to just import it into DNDB rather than trying to do it by hand.

TIA!
    Blakey

Quote Originally Posted by Blakey View Post
    Hey all,

We tend to use DND Beyond to store our PCs - due to ease of access/always on nature of the cloud. There's neat application to export your DNDB characters into XML format and import that into FG. Works great.

Is anyone aware of a reverse function? A PC in my campaign has picked up a load of random clutter in his Inventory and I'd like to be able to just import it into DNDB rather than trying to do it by hand.

TIA!
    Blakey
    I know that you can export your FG characters into an XML file. I have yet to find a way to import an XML file into DNDB. I think you will need to manually create the characted on DNDB
    If you want it done
    I can do it
    If I can't do it
    I will get it done
    If I can't get it done
    You don't need it done

Blog Entries
    I'm not aware of any ability to import data into DDB. Lots of tools to get data out of DDB, but no way I know of to get data into it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's on purpose. They probably can't prevent people from scraping DDB, but at least by preventing people from importing into it, they can try to solidify their walled garden.

Or I'm being paranoid lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SieferSeesSomething View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if that's on purpose. They probably can't prevent people from scraping DDB, but at least by preventing people from importing into it, they can try to solidify their walled garden.

Or I'm being paranoid lol
    I think it's more about architecture. Users do not have private spaces in the database. Instead, all the content is in the database and then users simple have permissions (or not) to specific objects in the database (i.e. classes, feats, items, etc) and they access them via a web server.

So, if a user could upload into the database, they would have all sorts of concerns. Not just having to setup access control to other users, but also how to prevent malicious activities. Not that any such couldn't be architected, but it requires a different approach from what is basically just a web site with lots of users.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Could you share the application to export a character from DnD Beyond to an XML file?

If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you sending this link during the holiday season.
    Best Regards from DownUnder

Thread Information