FG Spreadshirt Swag

Transferring Encounter Pins to Custom Maps

I bought the Temple of Elemental Evil module but decided to use custom maps for the dungeons. So, I just grabbed the pins from the b&w module maps and placed them in the corresponding areas of the hi-def full color maps. The transferred pins read correct info and dump creatures onto CT, but when I roll initiative or end an NPC turn, the old B&W map pops up. I worked around this by setting the popup offscreen.

I'm wondering what crucial step I missed when moving the pins...

Most modules are set up to automatically place the encounter creatures on the maps that come with the module. When you added the encounter to the combat tracker, the encounter individual creature placements still link to the old map. You'd have to either edit the encounter to set the new positions for each creature, or just drag the red faction marker from the combat tracker to the map to place them manually on the new map after adding to the combat tracker.

Regards,
    JPG

Thank you! I never would've thought of dragging the faction marker. Flawless victory!
    Last edited by Laird Barron; December 1st, 2023 at 14:54.

Blog Entries
    Or, just place the new map over the top (new layer) on the original map. This way LOS/Lighting, pins etc are all there already. You will want to make sure the new image is sized the same as the old, and that walls etc are identical. But then pins will be there, NPCs will be placed on the map correclty, LOS etc will all work.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Laird Barron View Post
    I bought the Temple of Elemental Evil module but decided to use custom maps for the dungeons. So, I just grabbed the pins from the b&w module maps and placed them in the corresponding areas of the hi-def full color maps. The transferred pins read correct info and dump creatures onto CT, but when I roll initiative or end an NPC turn, the old B&W map pops up. I worked around this by setting the popup offscreen.

I'm wondering what crucial step I missed when moving the pins...
    As Moon mentioned the encounters were created with map locations for the original area. What you can do is either make/edit the encounter locations or (my suggestion) drag/drop the encounter into the CT and then drag the red helm to the map and arrange them to taste.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thanks, Celestian. I've been dragging and dropping--works great. I appreciate the advice from you and the other folks here.

Thread Information