DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Place holder or dropped items marker on map.

I searched on the forums but I can't find anything related to this. Is there a way to put an item an NPC or PC drops during combat on the map for a visual effect? My example is if a rogue has a bow in one hand and he draws his sword. If the rogue needed to take a potion of healing out both hands would be occupied.

The rogue would naturally have to put an item back which would take an additional round, or they could drop a weapon to retrieve the potion. How can I place that weapon on the map in a tile to show the item is there? Are there weapons placeholders or a token that looks like a weapon I can use?

Thank you in advance. I can't even find anything online about this I find it odd nobody has asked this question before or perhaps I am using the wrong term.

You can add tokens onto the map by dragging them directly from Assets > tokens and dropping them where you want them. You may have to resize them depending on how big the token is. You'll also of course need an appropriate token with the visual you want on it.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I was overthinking this ugh sorry. I'll have to make some custom images for each item. Is there a way to make it so that a character can pick up an item this way or am I just talking crazy here? lol.

Yes. Only the DM has any control over map layers (you will create a new layer with the item on it when you drag it in. Switching off this layer or making it visible to the DM only will make the item disappear for the players). To simulate dropping it the player can make the item not equipped in their inventory.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Using tokens etc will be fun, the first couple of times. But then I think you are going to find it too cumbersome. Instead, I would just use the drawing tools to make a simple colored mark/line/squiggle to indicate 'this is where x happened' and then erase it if the item is picked up etc. I think you will find it much quicker and will keep the game flowing. My experience is that keeping the action flowing is more fun than providing awesome visuals but slowing the game way down.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information