FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatmough View Post
    That is correct the terrain option does not prevent movement; You can layer occluder types to get the desired results of how different occluders interact with players. For example, in this case, one could use terrain and then a window in the same location. The window occluder type will prevent movement but not vision and the terrain will prevent vision on the opposite side but not movement. Thus creating the desired movement restriction with the terrain vision element. As you suggested though there are always going to be multiple ways to approach and solve all of these situations, so experiment and have fun.
    I’ll try this and see if it works better. Definitely sounds faster. ��. Thx!
    Last edited by Darkforger; August 28th, 2023 at 19:54.

Hi again.

Looks like I have another question related to this. The occlusions I've placed have been working properly everywhere on my map except for one section of wall where a large square box pops up instead of within the defined area of the occlusion. I've tried deleting and remaking all nearby occlusions and reloading the map. Big square blob persists. Anyone seen this problem?OcclusionBlob.png
    Last edited by Darkforger; August 28th, 2023 at 23:44.

Blog Entries
    Can you screen shot your image panel with LOS selected?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkforger View Post
    Hi again.

Looks like I have another question related to this. The occlusions I've placed have been working properly everywhere on my map except for one section of wall where a large square box pops up instead of within the defined area of the occlusion. I've tried deleting and remaking all nearby occlusions and reloading the map. Big square blob persists. Anyone seen this problem?OcclusionBlob.png
    The hover area for toggleable occluders (e.g. doors, windows, etc.) is defined by the closed shape of the occluder. In the case of secret doors, the rectangular bounds of the occluder are used. It looks like you are using a long diagonal secret door. There are probably better ways to handle this case and I'll take a look for the next release.

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    The hover area for toggleable occluders (e.g. doors, windows, etc.) is defined by the closed shape of the occluder. In the case of secret doors, the rectangular bounds of the occluder are used. It looks like you are using a long diagonal secret door. There are probably better ways to handle this case and I'll take a look for the next release.
    Hm. I have other “long diagonal secret doors” for which this doesn’t happen. I’ll post a pic of the LOS next time i have a moment. Thx for input. ☺️

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Can you screen shot your image panel with LOS selected?

Hi.. the affected portion of wall is about the middle of the image. I might ditch this map. It's a lag-fest. I hadn't realized how badly LOS info affects gameplay on a very large map. I need another solution that eats less data maybe. With that aim, I started LOS detail on another map using only lines centered about the middle of each castle wall. A lot less laggy but covered with occlusion blobs, so I'm definitely using the tool wrong.. ?

OcclusionBlobLOS.png

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkforger View Post
    Hi.. the affected portion of wall is about the middle of the image. I might ditch this map. It's a lag-fest. I hadn't realized how badly LOS info affects gameplay on a very large map. I need another solution that eats less data maybe. With that aim, I started LOS detail on another map using only lines centered about the middle of each castle wall. A lot less laggy but covered with occlusion blobs, so I'm definitely using the tool wrong.. ?

OcclusionBlobLOS.png
    Honestly? Don't get caught up in trying to make a perfect LOS solution. Yes I know, on the computer we can do a lot more than in person on a table top. But are you really worried about a player moving on top of a wall when they shouldn't? Aren't you playing with people who have the attitude that they only want to do what they should be doing? Personally I would never worry about a player moving where they shouldn't. Just use terrain for the tops of the walls. Yes it means the players can see the top of the wall when they are down below, but *eh* doesn't bother me. Or use an illusionary wall so they can't see but can move there. Keep it simple.

But whatever you chose, reduce the number of nodes. See all that junk in the top right corner? All those tiny segments? Get rid of them. They will cause lag.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Honestly? Don't get caught up in trying to make a perfect LOS solution. Yes I know, on the computer we can do a lot more than in person on a table top. But are you really worried about a player moving on top of a wall when they shouldn't? Aren't you playing with people who have the attitude that they only want to do what they should be doing? Personally I would never worry about a player moving where they shouldn't. Just use terrain for the tops of the walls. Yes it means the players can see the top of the wall when they are down below, but *eh* doesn't bother me. Or use an illusionary wall so they can't see but can move there. Keep it simple.

But whatever you chose, reduce the number of nodes. See all that junk in the top right corner? All those tiny segments? Get rid of them. They will cause lag.

Yeah, I hear ya... if some dufus wants to walk through trees, let him

Yeah on top of all the occlusions the map is very large, so I think it's a complete redo... maybe I'll trim down the occlusions and use it as an area map and create smaller maps for the "action" at specific areas. Still mystified by the occlusion blobs but probably not serious... just something I was bewildered by. Thx all

D

Thread Information