5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    in 4.1 the map controls (Walls, FX, Lighning and all that), the buttons are basically invisible in the Vampire ruleset. The background and buttons basically have the same colour.
    Rulesets which have lighting built in to date are listed here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post586137
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

- I don't know about 5E, but in PF2 Darkvision "overwrites" dim light. Do the dim light circle of a lantern should not exist for darkvision characters, instead it turns the same monochrome as the rest outside of the lantern range.

- What happened to fog of war for players? Does it not exist anymore or do we have to turn on a specific option?

I’m not sure what the first question is really. A character with darkvision will see out beyond the range of any carried light source if the darkvision range is greater than the carried light source range.

Yes, fog if war is still present. If by that you mean is LOS the same then yes it is.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    - I don't know about 5E, but in PF2 Darkvision "overwrites" dim light. Do the dim light circle of a lantern should not exist for darkvision characters, instead it turns the same monochrome as the rest outside of the lantern range.

- What happened to fog of war for players? Does it not exist anymore or do we have to turn on a specific option?
    If I understood correctly the lightings/visions add to each other, so, the darkvision should not make everything black and white in the ranges of the lantern

No love for Elves then.
    to compensate I gave them dark vision but limited the range to bright: 15ft and dim 30ft

Darkvision in PF2:

Quote Originally Posted by CRB page 465
    A creature with darkvision or greater darkvision can see perfectly well in areas of darkness and dim light, though such vision is in black and white only.
    Fog of War 4.0 (animated GIF):

Fog of War 4.1:

- created new thread -

Darkvision in PF2:

Fog of War 4.0 (animated GIF):

Fog of War 4.1:

Ah, now I understand; darkvision of FG works for all rulesets in the same way There is no distinction between the rulesets as far as I know. (I personally will use whatever FG will provide me, because I never cared about such rules; but of course still good and okay to point out ruleset-specific things in case it is (easily) possible to code for the devs Though the mentioned performance issue, which also prohibits low-light vision, may also prohibit that)

About the FoW (though I am not sure whether the devs call it FoW because there is a separate notion of FoW in the image sidebar; Roll20 calls it advanced FoW to distinct it, I believe): Not sure, I didn't test the client side. Or is that the player view of the DM? Then yes, I reproduced that, too, but that may be on purpose? Not sure However, for better tracking it might be better to open a separate thread for the FoW stuff
    Last edited by Kelrugem; March 14th, 2021 at 01:08.

Player view. The GM can switch back and forth between both. Seems to be intentional (as in restriction of the new system) for players not to reveal areas they have already been in.

Player view. The GM can switch back and forth between both. Seems to be intentional (as in restriction of the new system) for players not to reveal areas they have already been in.
    I just checked: LoS needs to be activated, too But, it is difficult to see; the "advanced FoW" seems to only cover the areas which you'd not see with LoS. That is, if you could see an area when Vision would not be activated (so, in sense of dynamic LoS as it is in 4.0), then this area will be shown black if outside the vision, regardless whether the player was there or not. So, it looks like that currently the "advanced FoW" is only with respect to the LoS system So, only "advanced FoW" for previously seen areas if outside of LoS (module vision as in 4.0); may be on purpose, may be changed, I am not sure what the plans are there in that regard Depending on the intention of the devs, it may be indeed worth to open a new thread

Thread Information