DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 40 of 40 First ... 30383940
    M&Unique has produced some of the most useful extensions for FGU and I've been spoiled by the likes of KNK. I know he's busy, but I will be incredibly thankful once KNK is fixed. I and my players lean heavily on his work.
    lol/no

Greece & Iceland, depending on the time of year.
    Quote Originally Posted by claedawg View Post
    It is not working correctly as the "new" actions tab on spells (from the spell menu or links for any powers on the character sheet) is blank. Oddly, the actions tab on items still works until you click on the link for an individual power (aka, spell) has a blank action tab.
    And to whomever else in may concern...

Workarounds till KNK gets fixed

1: Error pop ups. Use '/console skip' to get rid of the error pop ups.
    2. Items Editing. You can still edit Item powers.
    3. Spells/Powers Editing. Use the Old Ways... For things you already have in the spells reference window, you can copy the spell from the Spells Reference in a character (I use a dedicated blank character for this). You can edit the spell's actions from there. Once you are ready, you can delete the original spell from the Spells Reference, and drag the edited version to the spells reference. It will keep all the actions.
    For new powers/spells, you can likewise create a new spell/power in a character, write up its descriptions, code its action buttons, and drag it in the spells ref.
    4. NPC Inventories. That one's broken, and sadly there's not much you can do about this other than manually adding an item's powers to an NPC.

Quote Originally Posted by Vass_Dts View Post
    And to whomever else in may concern...

Workarounds till KNK gets fixed

1: Error pop ups. Use '/console skip' to get rid of the error pop ups.
    2. Items Editing. You can still edit Item powers.
    3. Spells/Powers Editing. Use the Old Ways... For things you already have in the spells reference window, you can copy the spell from the Spells Reference in a character (I use a dedicated blank character for this). You can edit the spell's actions from there. Once you are ready, you can delete the original spell from the Spells Reference, and drag the edited version to the spells reference. It will keep all the actions.
    For new powers/spells, you can likewise create a new spell/power in a character, write up its descriptions, code its action buttons, and drag it in the spells ref.
    4. NPC Inventories. That one's broken, and sadly there's not much you can do about this other than manually adding an item's powers to an NPC.
    Your list of 4 workarounds is a great resource as we all work to continue using the unique and amazing properties of the K'nK extension. I've been limping through, as well, and your suggestions about how to modify spells and still have them function is a lifesaver.

As to #4, I've been able to make the NPC Inventories work with my own workaround. I have noticed that when I try to drop an Item into inventory it won't do it at all, until I've moved the Item into a newly made Campaign-specific heading of the Items tab. Once I do that, I can drop the Item and it will even do the "carried" function and move the item into the NPC Actions tab (this might come from the Equipped Effects ext, though). Looking back, this function seems a bit hit-and-miss, but it's easy enough to just drag the item into the NPC actions without the "carried" function, and it works fine that way.

Let me know if this works for anyone else. If it requires some other tweak that I'm doing without realizing it, I'll look into that and see what's going on. I just did this yesterday, creating a Rogue NPC and adding specific daggers to the inventory. The daggers then appeared in the Actions portion. Also, when I "kill" the NPC the inventory "drops" as LOOT re the Map Parcel's extension.

Thanks for all the great info!
    Last edited by Gawain the Great; May 1st, 2024 at 21:32.

Greece & Iceland, depending on the time of year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawain the Great View Post
    Your list of 4 workarounds is a great resource as we all work to continue using the unique and amazing properties of the K'nK extension. I've been limping through, as well, and your suggestions about how to modify spells and still have them function is a lifesaver.

As to #4, I've been able to make the NPC Inventories work with my own workaround. I have noticed that when I try to drop an Item into inventory it won't do it at all, until I've moved the Item into a newly made Campaign-specific heading of the Items tab. Once I do that, I can drop the Item and it will even do the "carried" function and move the item into the NPC Actions tab (this might come from the Equipped Effects ext, though). Looking back, this function seems a bit hit-and-miss, but it's easy enough to just drag the item into the NPC actions without the "carried" function, and it works fine that way.

Let me know if this works for anyone else. If it requires some other tweak that I'm doing without realizing it, I'll look into that and see what's going on. I just did this yesterday, creating a Rogue NPC and adding specific daggers to the inventory. The daggers then appeared in the Actions portion. Also, when I "kill" the NPC the inventory "drops" as LOOT re the Map Parcel's extension.

Thanks for all the great info!
    Hmmm, interesting. I will look into it when I have time.

Any update on a permanent fix for this one? Just checking in.

Thread Information