5E Character Create Playlist

FGC and FGU management of both and transition

Hello everyone.

I am a proud owner of a FGC Ultimate license since 2016. Bought through steam.

My campaign is very long, Out of The Abyss (5e) getting into high levels, and many hours into this campaign. Campaign uses official maps and homebrewed ones with Illwinter.

Now, for my birthday my wife is giving me the UPGRADE from FGC to FGU.

I would buy on steam, the bundle is Euro 81,76 Euro here in Italy.

My questions are:

- Is it possible with some easy to move the campaign from FGC to FGU, having the new LOS maps of OOTA and with some work U can make the occluders on the homebrewed maps I made on Illwinter? Is something easy to do or you do not advice? I have over 4 years experience of FGC but I don't know FGU yet
    - As I am at advanced FGC campaign 5e, can I continue to use FGC even if I own the upgrade FGU? I would like to consider to playc FGC for some more months and then maybe in the new adventure/campaign use FGU.

I have over 400 hours spent on FGC in and out sessions, what I don't want to make is a mistake.

Some advice would be nice to the people that are or will be soon transitioning to FGU or, people that maybe have the Ultimate, some confirmation that we can use both FGC Ultimate and FGU Ultimate after upgrade.

Thanks and ciao from Italy

FGU Ultimate Upgrade will be bought anyway.

I have 2 options:

1) I move the ongoing campaign immediately to FGU, importing everything (some feedback , link to guides and some comments would be appreciated)
    2) I continue for 6 months-1 year with FGC to finish the ongoing campaign. Preparing the NEW campaign on FGU Ultimate.

This of course if FGC Ultimate is still usable once I buy FGU + FGU Ultimate Upgrade.

It would be an interesting to have these options.

Also some feedback to people transitioned to FGU would be nice, I am getting lost to find infos about this.

If you can direct me also to some tutorial on how to add LOS to homemade maps. thanks

I am sorry for having made a new thread, but believe me I am both excited and worried about moving on Unity in the sense that with hundreds of hours in FGC Ultimate what I don't want is to ruin my campaign just because I am rushing on FGU Ultimate.

I would then OWN both FGC Ultimate and FGU Ultimate and have the time to finish my FGC 5e campaign without worries while I know that I can start FGU campaign anytime or maybe at the same time start as a DM of some other FGU unity group or play as player.

Quote Originally Posted by *Neuro* View Post

I have 2 options:

1) I move the ongoing campaign immediately to FGU, importing everything (some feedback , link to guides and some comments would be appreciated)
    2) I continue for 6 months-1 year with FGC to finish the ongoing campaign. Preparing the NEW campaign on FGU Ultimate.

This of course if FGC Ultimate is still usable once I buy FGU + FGU Ultimate Upgrade.

Also some feedback to people transitioned to FGU would be nice, I am getting lost to find infos about this.

If you can direct me also to some tutorial on how to add LOS to homemade maps. thanks

I am sorry for having made a new thread, but believe me I am both excited and worried about moving on Unity in the sense that with hundreds of hours in FGC Ultimate what I don't want is to ruin my campaign just because I am rushing on FGU Ultimate.

I would then OWN both FGC Ultimate and FGU Ultimate and have the time to finish my FGC 5e campaign without worries while I know that I can start FGU campaign anytime or maybe at the same time start as a DM of some other FGU unity group or play as player.
    Moving the campaign over to FGU is easy - just make a backup of the FGC Data directory and rename it to FGU-Data (or whatever) and when you install FGU point it to that Data folder. Then your campaign list will be in FGU same as it was in FGC.

Keep the old campaign folder as a backup and you can also still use FGC during the transition with your players. I gave my players a couple of weeks warning before moving over to Unity.
    Last edited by Jiminimonka; January 29th, 2021 at 15:36. Reason: Added more stuff, init

Here is a link to migrate your campaign to FGU.

How to Migrate a FGC Campaign to FGU

IMPORTANT: Copy your campaign, do not move or cut/paste (this way you have a backup).

Hello everyone.

I am a proud owner of a FGC Ultimate license since 2016. Bought through steam.

My campaign is very long, Out of The Abyss (5e) getting into high levels, and many hours into this campaign. Campaign uses official maps and homebrewed ones with Illwinter.

Now, for my birthday my wife is giving me the UPGRADE from FGC to FGU.

I would buy on steam, the bundle is Euro 81,76 Euro here in Italy.

My questions are:

- Is it possible with some easy to move the campaign from FGC to FGU, having the new LOS maps of OOTA and with some work U can make the occluders on the homebrewed maps I made on Illwinter? Is something easy to do or you do not advice? I have over 4 years experience of FGC but I don't know FGU yet
    Have a look at the video series here.

How do I ????? in Unity

- As I am at advanced FGC campaign 5e, can I continue to use FGC even if I own the upgrade FGU? I would like to consider to playc FGC for some more months and then maybe in the new adventure/campaign use FGU.

I have over 400 hours spent on FGC in and out sessions, what I don't want to make is a mistake.

Some advice would be nice to the people that are or will be soon transitioning to FGU or, people that maybe have the Ultimate, some confirmation that we can use both FGC Ultimate and FGU Ultimate after upgrade.
    You cannot migrate your campaign from FGU to FGC, once you migrate to FGU, you are in FGU only. Make sure you follow the instructions in the first link (how to migrate your campaign), if you follow that, you will still have your campaign in FGC as a backup in case you make a mistake.

I have 2 options:

See above on migrating your campaign. Once you move your campaign there is no going back. If you follow the guide, you can still open your campaign in FGC, but any new information (if you have a session or two) in FGU will not be present in the original FGC campaign.

Yes you can install and use both FGC and FGU on the same computer at the same time. Make sure you do not have them in the same Installation and Data directories (if you accept the defaults you should be ok).

Here is the link again:
    How to Migrate a FGC Campaign to FGU

If you follow the instructions in the migrating link above, you can rest a bit easier, knowing you have a backup in case anything goes wrong.

thank you very much guys, I will study well what you wrote. Great community

Note, you will STILL have your FGC license and can run games there, but your campaign will diverge from the point you move it into FGU, like alternate timelines.

Blog Entries
    Install FGU to its default location.
    Copy over the specific campaign directory to the FGU data path.
    Its a one way transfer.
    Your original FGC campaign will still be there.

Last question:

I have FGC Ultimate installed on Steam.

Now I have also FGU Ultimate. Can I install it safely? Maybe at this point I want to use FGC for DMing and FGU as a player in other campaign.

I want to keep them separated till the moment I want to move campaign from FGC to FGU.

So, if I don't do anything, I can still play the FGC ongoing campaign without issues.

IF I copy the ongoing campaign on FGU, what will happen? I will have 2 campaigns, one of FGC and one on FGU, so maybe I can work on FGU and test if I want to finish campaign with FGC or go to FGU.

Is this possible?

Blog Entries
    If you accept the installation defaults they will install (correctly) to different locations - program and data. This is very much how it should be.
    You can GM in FGC and play in FGU.
    You can GM in both FGU and FGC.
    You will need to copy the campaign from FGC to FGU - you cannot copy it back.
    Copy - do not move - campaigns.

Blog Entries
    Detailed campaign migration steps here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ampaign-to-FGU

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information