DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Help with using templates on FGU

Could someone help me with understanding how to create a NPC using a template. I'm trying to use the cultist template from the Tome of Foes book on FGU and I'm not sure how to do it. How do I put in a race and things of that nature. I cannot unlock the tab to let me input data. I says "read only". Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    If you let us know what ruleset this is for, we can move it to the appropriate sub-forum where you will get the quickest answers from those who can best answer.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Sorry about that. It is for D&D 5th edition

You'll first need to make a copy of the NPC you want to amend by dragging it and dropping it back into the NPC window list.

Then click the unlock button at the top right of the copy and you can then edit the NPC.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    To give more details, 5E doesn't have racial templates for NPCs. What you will want to do is as Mr Z says, copy the cultist, then unlock your copy, rename it and then add in the racial traits and modifiers you want.

I suggest you do this in a 'development campaign' (see my link about Adventure Creation) and then export into a module for use in your campaigns. You can then do this so that you have your own Monster Manual of custom NPCs that you can use as desired etc.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Another quick question, is it possible to drag and drop items and traits into NPCs while creating them? Not sure if I'm missing something or do I have to type everything in manually? Thanks again for your help.

Blog Entries
    5E? No.

I copy the NPC for base, but then you can cut/paste abilities from other unlocked/copied NPCs rather than trying to hand type (and typo!) things.

Thread Information