STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Adventure a week - sluggish conversion

I wonder why the GM map size and the player map size of C02: Goblin Cave are identical? I had to purchase the PDF to get a decent player map with sufficient details, now having payed double the price. Please see the comparison below.More sloppy than sluggish, though.

I wonder as well, why the encounters are locked (red lock symbol), so I'm unable to preplace the encounters onto the refined player map I purchased in advance.

Suggestions ?

I'd love to see a 10 star rating for the shop modules, so purchasers could more easily identify, if it would be worth purchasing a module or not.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Targas; December 13th, 2018 at 09:42.

This is a pet peeve of mine with digital downloads that A LOT of companies make, I know some people will agree that lower quality maps transfer faster, but if i buy a digital download with a map, I want the original artwork so *I* can downsize if I want.
    Having had access to a modules original art assets for one of my conversions, i LOVED having basically the nicest quality map (and images) that existed. Not a knock against FG, but digital downloads in general.
    ~Grimm182~ (GMT-8)/WA
    GM: Booked
    Player: Available for Sunday Nights

@Targas - I suggest you post on the AAW website forums about this. All AAW games FG conversion are handled by AAW games, not by SmiteWorks and their community dev process.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks Trenloe. I didn‘t know and will do. There should be no reason to include a 400 pixel player map, when the PDF version has 5x higher resolution. They hopefully don‘t think we‘re playing pixel poker with those crude converted maps...

Adventure a week is not having a website forum. Although I entered a rating some time ago, it‘s not published either...
    Last edited by Targas; December 13th, 2018 at 15:01.

Blog Entries
    AAW has a Facebook page that I think?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Sounds strange, but I don‘t use Facebook.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Targas View Post
    You can try PMing AAWGames on the forums here. They come by from time to time.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Adventure a week is not having a website forum. Although I entered a rating some time ago, it‘s not published either...
    I didn't see this until now - as edits to existing posts don't flag the thread as unread.

The AAW forums are under the "Subscribers" menu. Or go direct here: https://adventureaweek.com/forums/ Or there is a "contact us" page (under the "Contact" menu).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Good for you.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I wonder why the GM map size and the player map size of C02: Goblin Cave are identical? I had to purchase the PDF to get a decent player map with sufficient details, now having payed double the price. Please see the comparison below.More sloppy than sluggish, though.

I wonder as well, why the encounters are locked (red lock symbol), so I'm unable to preplace the encounters onto the refined player map I purchased in advance.
    Hello everyone!

Firstly, I'm so sorry you've had a bad experience with one of our adventure modules for Fantasy Grounds. That's never fun and something I am already working on fixing this (now that I know about it). Email me and I'll make sure you're refunded for the PDF purchase you made, I didn't know until reading these forum posts that you actually purchased the PDF version as well.

Secondly, if you or someone you know ever has a problem with ANY of our products, please reach out to me personally via our websites Adventureaweek.com or AAW Games, via email jonathan ((at)) aawgames (dot) com or support ((at)) adventureaweek.com, Facebook Messenger: AAW Games or Adventureaweek.com, Privately on Twitter @aawgames, via the CONTACT US link on our website, or through the Fantasy Grounds support team.
    I am a Fantasy Grounds user and completely understand your pain as I also use the program regularly and have for many years now, even before I was a publisher.

Thirdly, Trenloe is correct, we usually do all our builds in house but we've put our Pathfinder RPG and Starfinder RPG catalogs in the hands of SmiteWorks now so we can get these builds completed faster. This was the first of such builds and obviously, the conversion expert chosen didn't do a very high quality job, at least not up to our usual standards.

Finally, we're already working to remedy the situation. Smiteworks has been notified, we're attempting to track down the .mod file so we can get our own hands on it and modify all the maps. We'll make sure the conversion team at Smiteworks knows we must have high quality maps imported for our builds from now on.

Thank you for your patience!

Your fellow tabletop gamer and FG user,
    Jonathan G. Nelson
    Owner/Publisher
    AAW Games

Thread Information