5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Connection Test Failure ATT Uverse

I've gone through 10 posts and tried everything and still cannot get port 1802 connected.
    I enabled Fantasy Grounds in my Firewall.

I did log into the router and added Fantasy Grounds to port 1802.

Can someone PM me and help me walk through this?

I am really interested in coming over from Roll20 but this much trouble connecting may prevent us moving.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Hey mate - I cant do it just now but PM me your email address and Ill try and catch you later on this weekend and work thru it with you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by artlizardmlw View Post
    I've gone through 10 posts and tried everything and still cannot get port 1802 connected.
    I enabled Fantasy Grounds in my Firewall.

I did log into the router and added Fantasy Grounds to port 1802.

Can someone PM me and help me walk through this?

I am really interested in coming over from Roll20 but this much trouble connecting may prevent us moving.

Thanks
    Hello artlizardmlw,

I use ATT Uverse as well.

1. Launch FG and click Create New Campaign and then click on the local IP address to reveal it.
    2. Open your ATT Uverse logon (probably https://192.168.1.1 and log on)
    3. Go to Settings > Firewall and choose Applications
    4. In step 1 of that screen, select your computer you want to host the game.
    5. In step 2 of that screen, click on Add a new user-defined application
    6. ON the new screen that opens up give it a name, such as "Fantasy Grounds", set the Protocol to UDP and Port range from 1802 to 1802. Map to Host Port blank or set to 1802. Application Type set to blank
    7. Once the app for Fantasy Grounds is set up, select Add to move it into the list of Hosted Applications for your computer in Step 1. Click Save and then retry the Test from FG.

I have an issue at step 3. On the Firewall tab I have:
    Status, PAcket Filter, NAT/Gaming, IP Passthrough, and Firewall Advanced.

I did what you suggested in the NAT/Gaming tab, but still no go.

I do not have an Applications tab.
    Last edited by artlizardmlw; November 8th, 2015 at 03:56.

This fixed it as I was having similar trouble. I might post a couple of screen shots for assistance.

I know this thread is a year and a half old, but I'm having the exact same problem. Went through my Uverse router, allowed the app access (even tried allowing all apps, DMZplus, etc.) I turned my Windows firewall off, just in case, and still no go. It worked fine when I was on Comcast, but I recently switched to AT&T to save some money, and now Fantasy Grounds won't connect at all. (I haven't done anything with it for 6 months or so, and I updated everything to the current version. Running Ultimate edition, v.3.2.3.) I've rebooted my computer after making changes, the works. Any assistance on this would be helpful!
    Last edited by PyrateMunkee; March 26th, 2017 at 16:15.

Quote Originally Posted by PyrateMunkee View Post
    I know this thread is a year and a half old, but I'm having the exact same problem. Went through my Uverse router, allowed the app access (even tried allowing all apps, DMZplus, etc.) I turned my Windows firewall off, just in case, and still no go. It worked fine when I was on Comcast, but I recently switched to AT&T to save some money, and now Fantasy Grounds won't connect at all. (I haven't done anything with it for 6 months or so, and I updated everything to the current version. Running Ultimate edition, v.3.2.3.) I've rebooted my computer after making changes, the works. Any assistance on this would be helpful!
    Welcome to the FG forums. Sorry you're having issues with your new internet provider.

I'd recommend double-checking the port forwarding - find your router here: https://portforward.com/router.htm Make sure you have TCP port 1802 forwarded to the IP address of your FG computer. You may need to reboot your router just to make sure it's reading the port forwarding.

If you still get a failed connection test, run the following command in a command prompt and report back the first 4 hops here: tracert 8.8.8.8
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I had ATT Uverse previously and I believe there was also a router firewall setting that blocked peer-to-peer applications. I believe I had to turn that off before it worked.

Perhaps I was just tired from working all night. When I woke up, I deleted my Firewall rules and recreated them, and PRESTO! I was able to connect! Thanks everyone for the help!

Thread Information