STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

FG switches to background

For sometime now FG has been switching to the background at random times. I will be trying to input data and suddenly here error beeps cause FG isn't my prominent window anymore. I can click on the FG window to make it my selected window or wait a few seconds and it will become my selected window again on its own. I am running on Mac and am using the direct application, not steam (the steam version wont load at all but thats a different problem). This doesn't happen with anything else that I have open. Not sure what is wrong or how to fix it. I am running on a desktop.

Blog Entries
    Hey Davinci522 this is a stab in the dark but - dont run FG maximised on Mac - there are several known glitches. Stretch it out manually to be almost full screen.

Thanks for responding Dammed, but I don't run it full screen. It's always in a window cause I run syrinscape and other things I need to switch to with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Davinci522 View Post
    It's always in a window cause I run syrinscape and other things I need to switch to with ease.
    Umm, why don't you control Syrinscape from *inside* Fantasy grounds via the DOE:Sound Extension?
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Umm, why don't you control Syrinscape from *inside* Fantasy grounds via the DOE:Sound Extension?
    Because I am on a Mac and the Syrinscape online does not have 3rd party API yet and I can't use voicemeter cause its a windows only product.

Quote Originally Posted by Davinci522 View Post
    Because I am on a Mac and the Syrinscape online does not have 3rd party API yet and I can't use voicemeter cause its a windows only product.
    Fair enough - hopefully soon those obstacles will be removed for those using a Mac (or other, similar Mac-friendly software becomes available).

I was concerned that you may not have been aware of the DOE:Sound and was thus attempting to bring it to your attention - but as you've indicated you are aware of it - so wasted effort, I suppose

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Fair enough - hopefully soon those obstacles will be removed for those using a Mac (or other, similar Mac-friendly software becomes available).

I was concerned that you may not have been aware of the DOE:Sound and was thus attempting to bring it to your attention - but as you've indicated you are aware of it - so wasted effort, I suppose

Cheers
    Not wasted effort. Thank you for bringing it up. I am eagerly awaiting the time that I can use it.

Blog Entries
    I've seen this happen in Windows with other programs... IF I remember correctly, it was resolved with a Windows setting, something along the lines of window focus on click rather than on mouse over.

But, not sure if something like that can be controlled in Wine and Mac environment.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Davinci, it is kind of an expensive option, but you can do it with a Mac if you use Parallels virtual machine and buy a cheap Windows license of one version or another. You don't need wine, and you can do anything you can do on a PC. That is how I run FG on my Mac.(and my port forwarding works just fine even tunneling through to the VM)

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I've seen this happen in Windows with other programs... IF I remember correctly, it was resolved with a Windows setting, something along the lines of window focus on click rather than on mouse over.

But, not sure if something like that can be controlled in Wine and Mac environment.
    What’s weird is it only happened recently. So I’m not sure what could have made it start doing this. And it’s happening when my mouse is over the FG window. It just suddenly goes to a background window and I can’t type till I click it again.

I did get my steam version working again and it does the same so it’s definitely a Mac thing.
    Last edited by Davinci522; October 22nd, 2018 at 05:11.

Thread Information