5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

How poor customer services can effect your brand

https://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/comment...ort=confidence

Why customer response is key. I love how the fantasy grounds team handles us.
    Hopefully some of these people quitting roll20 will come to fantasy grounds.
    Fantasy Grounds Ultimate

So there are a few things any small gaming company can learn from this. One is that putting your STEM people in charge of customer service is, generally speaking, not a great idea. Developers are often too close to the product they create to effectively and fairly manage criticism. This is especially true as a platform grows. Companies should look for community engagement and customer service professionals and hire them to deal with irate, frustrated, and scared customers. I'm not sure exactly how Fantasy Grounds handles this. There doesn't seem to have been any major fiascos like the one Roll20 is going through right now (at least not in recent history). But it would be a good idea for any company in this space to learn from the situation Roll20 finds themselves in. Keep your developers developing, and out of the customer service side. This isn't the first time problems like this have hit a company. RIOT, Valve, and Blizzard all come to mind as far as customer service fiascos I have personally witnessed. Almost always it went fiasco-hire community engagement professionals. But if the fiasco step can be fixed, it's better for everybody.

From a business perspective, now is the time for JPG and Doug to offer free 90 standard license to anyone moving from roll20 to FG to capitalize on the negative view of roll20 right now. guerrilla tactics FTW.

Quote Originally Posted by shadzar View Post
    From a business perspective, now is the time for JPG and Doug to offer free 90 standard license to anyone moving from roll20 to FG to capitalize on the negative view of roll20 right now. guerrilla tactics FTW.
    True. My group has had ongoing discussions all day about FG vs MapTools. I'm pretty sure I have enough good will with them to install FG and give it a go in a trial-run scenario/encounter. There is some concern, however, about the learning curve for players new to FG...
    I am a Slow Processor, who soaks in the data, thinks, stares, tries to make sense of what I am seeing, hoping for a breakthrough. All around are snappier brains, busy being dazzling, but not mine, which just plods on until it finally sees something special, hiding in plain view.

Quote Originally Posted by romelwell View Post
    the learning curve for players new to FG...
    https://fantasygroundscollege.net has that covered for you.

Blog Entries
    To me, this is more than just not having developers dealing with customers (because that's how it's currently done with FG), but rather attitude and personality of the people at the top.

I truly believe that a company's culture comes from the top, with Roll20 this is Nolan, Riley, & Richard. We see how Nolan responds in this case. I don't have any experience with Riley or Richard. Now, it doesn't mean that any of them are not nice guys, smart, capable, etc. But, they have setup a company culture that is defensive and intolerant of criticism. This behavior from their staff is nothing new.

Compare that to how Doug and John behave on the forums here. They are not defensive, they don't take an active hand in moderating, they always try to be helpful. And when appropriate, they are often transparent (look at the recent bundle change discussion).

To me, this is just a very visible demonstration of the differences between the people at the top.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Compare that to how Doug and John behave on the forums here. They are not defensive, they don't take an active hand in moderating, they always try to be helpful. And when appropriate, they are often transparent (look at the recent bundle change discussion).
    I've only been around a little over a year and I have been very happy to see how they speak to their customers and forum goers.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I've only been around a little over a year and I have been very happy to see how they speak to their customers and forum goers.
    Just a year? wow, you've done a lot in a year!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Puts me to shame!

Thread Information