Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    The question is - is it stated officially in readme or user guide that using the 64 is on your own risk?
    From end user perspective, if the executable is there, he/she will definitely going to try it and complain if fails.

I am power user. I find it interesting why it does not run and I want to find out why, if possible. I believe every case like that will be beneficial for the developers to make the product and the customer support better. Therefore I wrote here, didn’t file email to the official support. I presume same people read it anyway
    Just because their is an executable inside the installation directory doesn't mean that executable is supported for user use (look at all your other applications, many of them have dozens of undocumented executables in them). As you are no doubt aware, the installation and all the program created shortcuts are to the 32 bit executable. I believe Moon's comments on the 64 bit is in the FGU thread, but not sure. It was something he put in to play with a bit back and it was noticed by a user. Rather than remove it from the public distribution, and at the request of users, he left it in so that people could play with it and help identify possible problems. But, he stated that it's not something he has time to run down issues at this point in time.

So, please do play with it and try to identify issues, and report them. That way when the dev team does have time to look into it, they will have more information available to them and can shorten the time it will take for them to actually produce and support a 64 bit version.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I noted it here in the v3.3.6 beta test channel when it was first noticed. As LordEntrails has mentioned, it is an experimental build, and a lower priority than all live and FGU projects. Right now, we don't have anyone to work on it, but wanted to share what we had in the wild. If push came to shove, we would just remove, since we don't have resources to support/develop.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post392903

Regards,
    JPG

Necromancy here and update:

I am eager to make this run on this machine, so I need some ideas what to test or debug. I know this is not yet supported officially, but it will be at some point and every help from testers should be welcomed. This is not complain.

@Moon Wizard
    I re-installed the NVIDIA drivers, Intel drivers and also the latest supported Visual C++ packages for 2017. I still get the same error that there is application error. Direct X is embeded in Windows 10 and there is no problem with it, otherwise the 32bit wouldn't run.

I can re-install/repair the other packages, but I need to know which one you are using?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...al-c-downloads

Entry in the System log, useless as usual...
    Code:
    Application popup: FantasyGrounds_x64.exe - Application Error : The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.
    PS: I put the latest Windows 10 update (i.e. new build), re-installed FG, deleted the exe and did an update, still the same. Saying this to avoid discussing it again. I am using the prod chain for the updater, but can test others if needed.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thanks, Valyar.

The build tools report that they are using the v141_xp libraries that come with VS 2017. At this point, I don't have any immediate ideas as to why the execution is failing on your machine, or what the difference is between other machines where it starts up okay. Configuration errors like this are time-consuming to track down the root cause, so this will have to be something we come back to at a later date. (since we are not spending any development resources on this build at this point.)

Regards,
    JPG

No sweat, let me know when you move to this and I will help troubleshooting if still interesting.

I will continue messing around with that, might find out the root cause like I did with the fonts

Somehow I have the x64 code on one computer but not the laptop I usually play on - how do I install it there... it lasts longer then the req version when I need to open books and adjust my caster's spells.

It should be automatically available in the FG install directory. Just update the FG via the Updater and the 64bit executable will be deployed. It should come from the Live channel.

Thread Information