STAR TREK 2d20

Did the latest update just wipe out my Notes section???

So..just did the latest update, now my Notes section..with 2 years of campaign notes..is empty. ..anyone else have this issue?

Blog Entries
    Check your campaign folder for a backup file. Worst case you should be able to pull all the notes out of an backup campaign file.

Make sure to duplicate and not rename, you don't want to loose/overwrite any of the files.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for your help, but how do I access the xml file?

Blog Entries
    The files are in your FG Data folder, sounds like you found those?

An xml file is simple a text file. You can open it in Notepad or Notepad++ (or a thousand other programs.

Try this;
    - exit FG
    - rename your db.xml file to db.xml.orig
    - find the latest backup file, copy it to db.xml
    - start FG, load your campaign, look for your campaign notes

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The latest update did not make any changes to the Notes implementation.

To find your campaign folder:
    * Launch FG
    * Click on the folder button in the upper right of the launch screen
    * Select the "campaigns" subfolder
    * Select the specific campaign subfolder

Within the campaign subfolder, you should see a db.xml files and quite a few files labeled db.session.####.xml. The db.xml file is the version that FG considers the current state of your campaign, and the db.session.####.xml files are the backups. I would look for the largest, most recent backup file.

To use a backup file:
    * Rename db.xml to db.old.xml
    * COPY the backup file you want to re-use (db.session.####.xml) (Very important to copy the file, and not just rename)
    * Rename the backup file copy to db.xml
    * Restart FG

This is usually all you need to do to use a backup. If the file continues to have issues, we may need more information, or a copy of the backup db.session.####.xml you are trying to use.

Regards,
    JPG

Go into your FGdata folder (click the folder icon top right on the start screen) and then click on Campaigns and then on the folder for your campaign. After backing up the contents of the folder look for the file db.xml and rename it dbold.xml or whatever. Now find the file with session in the title with the latest date stamp or biggest file size. Rename that file to db.xml. Now start up your campaign and see if your notes are there. If not go on to the next latest session file until you find the latest one that works.

Edit: ninja’d by MW who said it better.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Sigh...my characters are all gone too now. Nothing seems to work. My maps are all there but no characters and no notes. Thanks for the help folks. Any other suggestions are welcome ill keep trying

Did you try the db.session.####.xml backups?

A copy of your campaign information is created in those files every time you start your campaign.

Try posting a screenshot of your campaign directory.

Regards,
    JPG

I got it guys thanks to you all for the help. I found the db session I needed.

Thread Information