DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default Effects when added to Combat Tracker

Is there a way to add default effects everytime you are added to a combat tracker? Sometimes the DM removes the PCs if they aren't involved in a combat or other various reasons. The problem with this is, I always have to re-add my Dwarven Resilience everytime this happens. These are effects that my character should ALWAYS have on.

Not in the base product. And, as usual, the full answer depends on what RPG system we're talking about. Please remember to mention which systems when you post! Thanks.

For example, if you're playing 5E, this extension might help: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...cs-characters)

There may be other extensions that might help - depending on the RPG system/s you're playing in FG.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Tielc View Post
    Is there a way to add default effects everytime you are added to a combat tracker? Sometimes the DM removes the PCs if they aren't involved in a combat or other various reasons. The problem with this is, I always have to re-add my Dwarven Resilience everytime this happens. These are effects that my character should ALWAYS have on.
    As Trenlow mentioned Advanced Effects does what I think you are asking tho you will need to be running 5E.

Advanced Effects will let you put effects on PC, NPCs and Items that will be added when they are placed into the combat tracker. The items will toggle effects as they are added and removed (PC only in 5E).
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Yes, we're running 5e. I'd have to get the DM of this game to install and enable this though correct?

Blog Entries
    Yes, we're running 5e. I'd have to get the DM of this game to install and enable this though correct?
    Yes.

You do know you can just make an action on your character sheet to add the effects to the CT yourself? You'll have to remember to do that everytime you are added ot the CT, but it's pretty easy.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I'd have to get the DM of this game to install and enable this though correct?
    Yes.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Yes.

You do know you can just make an action on your character sheet to add the effects to the CT yourself? You'll have to remember to do that everytime you are added ot the CT, but it's pretty easy.
    I think this is what I'm doing today? I have this and then I drag this and my Blessing of the Forge onto my character every time the CT is reset. Or are you saying I can make this as a button that I just click and it gets applied.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think this is what I'm doing today? I have this and then I drag this and my Blessing of the Forge onto my character every time the CT is reset. Or are you saying I can make this as a button that I just click and it gets applied.
    Just click the effect button when the PC is in the CT. You've set it to target "Self" so it will be placed on that PC.

Note that whilst the effect RESIST: poison is a correct effect and will cut poison damage in half the other part of your effect is actually giving you advantage on every constitution saving throw that you make. You can't test for something like a damage type using the IF statement. There isn't a way to set up an effect which would give you advantage on a saving throw against just poison. So you would have to make sure that you have clicked the ADV button before you make any kind of save against poison.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Good catch Zacc!

Yeah - always a good idea to test effects do what you expect, especially conditional (IF, IFT) effects.

Thread Information