FG Spreadshirt Swag

Questions on Healing Spirit

So, you call a spirit.

Until the spell ends, whenever you or a creature you can see moves into the spirit’s space for the first time on a turn or starts its turn there, you can cause the spirit to restore 1d6 hit points to that creature (no action required). The spirit can’t heal constructs or undead.

As a bonus action on your turn, you can move the spirit up to 30 feet to a space you can see.

So the way I read that, I place a spirit in grid point "D5"

I then run through the spirit and end in F5 or something, I get healed.
    Bob then runs through on his turn and ends in F6, he gets healed.
    Susan, same thing, she gets healed.

Basically its a mass heal and as long as everyone keeps doing circuits through it the spirit can heal them all, every turn...

So then the second druid and the ranger both cast one as well, stacking them, or at least having them next to each other... the old tunnel of healing...

Someone please explain:
    A) Do I have that right?
    B) How is this not insanely overpowered, especially for CQB...

Blog Entries
    Generally you have it right, and generally it is considered OP by many people. There are hundred of pages of discussion on the various forums on this spell, and ways to limit it etc. You can search Enworld, giantitp, or rpg.net

The limits that appeal most to me are limiting the number of healing actions the spirit can perform per turn, or changing it so the creature has to spend it's entire turn within the area to be healed.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you, I might go with the 1/turn heal solution, gonna try it anyhow... it's still a bloody lot of healing at 10d6 over time at level 2

Remember there is a big distinction between "turn" and "round" in 5E.

e.g. Rogues can (potentially) sneak attack twice in a round, once on their turn, and once on someone else's turn if something triggers a reaction they can use to make an attack.

As this spell specifically talks about "turns" and not "rounds", it is possible to heal more than 10d6 to an individual over the course of the spell.

Quote Originally Posted by The High Druid View Post
    Remember there is a big distinction between "turn" and "round" in 5E.

e.g. Rogues can (potentially) sneak attack twice in a round, once on their turn, and once on someone else's turn if something triggers a reaction they can use to make an attack.

As this spell specifically talks about "turns" and not "rounds", it is possible to heal more than 10d6 to an individual over the course of the spell.
    Which is why I'm nerfing it

Thread Information