5E Character Create Playlist
Page 11 of 16 First ... 910111213 ... Last
    Would love to know how the ruleset is working for your game!

Quote Originally Posted by unnatural 20 View Post
    for the most part it is working well...the ruleset is based off the early FG coding so there is some functionality lacking that would make it easier to use, but it is serving our needs pretty well at this stage. The main thing is the wild die function seems to work well, so the core die mechanic is represented and the character sheets allow skill rolls on a double click also so thats handy too.

There is a few little issues with image sizing (need to hold CTRL to resize map/image windows), and doesn't have the grid resizing functionality (so you have to keep clearing & sizing any grids until you get it close), plus other little things like being able to resize the chat window (cant do it other than a manual change in the code). Continually having to set token scales for every map is another slight issue, and players cant see the combat tracker...and there is no way to subtract dice from skill rolls direct from the character sheet for multiple actions (you either make a quick manual change before the roll or use the left/right click on the d6 or hot keys & modifier box to make the different rolls needed).

But these issues are only minor - myself & the players don't seem to be having any major problems, and it is enabling service of the story & game so we are not complaining...
    Ultimate License
    FG Server: brawny ogre firm gate

Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Teamspeak Password: Dungeoneers

Discord: Lord Kavos (UTC+10)#6088

I guess there are a few things to find out.

Is the 23 spaceworthy? If we needed to leave in a hurry, could we fly away? In that same vein, if we needed to flee the station, are there any defenses the station has that could be used against us?

The Rodians and Humans that came against us, were they all hired to go after us, or did the Rodians hire the humans to come after us because they hate us?

We need to find out how much, if any, Clark Gable or any other Imps were involved in the attack on us. Are we suddenly wanted by the Empire and if so, why?

What is our Wookie Jedi going to do about a handful of bounty hunters who have seen him use his lightsaber and are currently alive in our custody? Will they be left alive so they can either go to tell the tale or try to claim the Jedi bounty for themselves?

How does our friendly Duros engineer feel about the shootout in his garage? If it turns out we are wanted by the Empire suddenly or if it really was Clark Gable that sent the bounty hunters after us, will the engineer risk his life and livelyhood helping his new pal Max?
    Last edited by Plutwo; July 4th, 2018 at 14:47.

Colph is pretty good at nicely helping people see the reason in things, but Elisara is even better at convincing people I think.

My suggestion is to find out as much information as we can from the captured bounty hunters as quickly as we can.

My recommendation is to isolate the three human Guild hunters from the only Rodian bounty hunter that didn’t die.

If Elisara and I do some “good cop bad cop” we could probably find out what there is to know quickly enough.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by unnatural 20 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Kavos View Post
    for the most part it is working well...the ruleset is based off the early FG coding so there is some functionality lacking that would make it easier to use, but it is serving our needs pretty well at this stage. The main thing is the wild die function seems to work well, so the core die mechanic is represented and the character sheets allow skill rolls on a double click also so thats handy too.

There is a few little issues with image sizing (need to hold CTRL to resize map/image windows), and doesn't have the grid resizing functionality (so you have to keep clearing & sizing any grids until you get it close), plus other little things like being able to resize the chat window (cant do it other than a manual change in the code). Continually having to set token scales for every map is another slight issue, and players cant see the combat tracker...and there is no way to subtract dice from skill rolls direct from the character sheet for multiple actions (you either make a quick manual change before the roll or use the left/right click on the d6 or hot keys & modifier box to make the different rolls needed).

But these issues are only minor - myself & the players don't seem to be having any major problems, and it is enabling service of the story & game so we are not complaining...
    I think I have ironed out the bugs in a WEGd6 roller for MoreCore

Rolls 1 wild die + variable number of standard d6.
    Wild 6s explode.
    Wild 1s subtract the 1 and the highest single other die.
    Is that correct?

mc-weg.jpg

That is correct...what’s the big & little bonuses?
    Ultimate License

I think in the current ruleset it shows the extra dice for the exploding rolls as well...
    Ultimate License

Blog Entries
    That is correct...what’s the big & little bonuses?
    I think in the current ruleset it shows the extra dice for the exploding rolls as well...
    I was just testing modifiers - I was told you could have modifiers as well as variable numbers of dice...

My exploding script doesnt show all the dice - a 17 is obviously a 6+6+5 but those individual dice are not shown.

I was just tossing it as I saw your and unnatural 20s posts above and I just wrote the script yesterday.

A ruleset designed for the system is quite likely to have better overall closeness. MoreCore may give you some of the other features.

Cool appreciate the effort mate...
    Ultimate License

for the most part it is working well...the ruleset is based off the early FG coding so there is some functionality lacking that would make it easier to use, but it is serving our needs pretty well at this stage. The main thing is the wild die function seems to work well, so the core die mechanic is represented and the character sheets allow skill rolls on a double click also so thats handy <snip>
    That sounds totally do-able! I pre-ordered the re-released books from FFG and would love to play on Fantasy grounds vs Roll20. Thanks for posting and replying, love reading about your game.

Thread Information