DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Dungeon Tiles Reincarnated

Just curious why these are available on Roll 20 and not on Fantasy Grounds it is an official WOTC product.

Blog Entries
    Interesting observation. It will be interesting to hear.

I suspect the answer will be in part because FG is not setup to use map tiles, a map of 8x8 squares (I don't know what size these actually are) or such is not very useful in FG.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I wasn't impressed with their quality. I don't think we are missing much.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Blog Entries
    I emailed the FG team about that a few weeks ago. Since maps do not support multiple layers, map tiles in general are not offered for purchase. I hope I am not totally mis-quoting the FG team’s reply. I expect that layers will eventually be a part of the basic package, so maybe we will see these in the future.

Isn’t there a layers extension that would make it possible to use map tiles, or am I imagining that?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    Isn’t there a layers extension that would make it possible to use map tiles, or am I imagining that?
    Their is, but it is a community extension. I wouldn't expect any official products sold that require a community extension.

I think one of the FGU demo's shows the use of tiles. So, maybe when FGU is released.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    I don’t know how complicated the extension is, but it would be great to see layered maps in the core ruleset and map tiles in the store before FGU. But of course I can respect the devs judgment on these things.

FG currently can't handle any kind of layering even with the layers extension. To work with the layers extension the tiles would need to be made into tokens; massive memory hungry tokens.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

If you own tiles from Roll20 you can download them, place them in something like gimp or photoshop, and create a map to import as a graphic

Quote Originally Posted by gwhitneyy2k View Post
    If you own tiles from Roll20 you can download them...
    Not always, it depends on the particular product. This one states "These tiles are for use with the Roll20 platform only, and are not available for download."
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

All that makes sense, I only glance but I thought I saw besides the tiles, maps with the tiles in Roll 20 but maybe I am mistaken. I could always buy and scan the actual tiles. In fact i think I have a bunch of the original sets I could do that with.

I hope that I'm still alive when FG for Unity is released and it has a feature for making maps with tiles. One of my biggest issues in DM in my style which is often spontaneous is maps.

Thread Information