DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Random Monster Table Not Working

I created a random monster table, with die related numbers, but when I run it, I only get 1 instance of any monster (where there should be a random die number, like 1d6). Please advise.

Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 6.59.35 PM.png

Blog Entries
    I'm not that familiar with random tables. Did you follow the process outlined in the wiki? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Tables

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I'm not that familiar with random tables. Did you follow the process outlined in the wiki? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Tables
    Yes, I have followed the syntax for the Wiki as far as I can see. Please advise if I have done otherwise. Here are the sreenshots of the Wiki as well.
    Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 7.12.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 7.11.40 PM.png

If you look at the [RESULT] posted to the chat window, it is correctly randomizing the number of creatures. (i.e. "1" Silver Dragon Wyrmling, "5" Troglodyte)

Please note, you have your output of your custom table set to "Chat", so the output will go straight to the chat window with the link included.

If you want to generate an encounter, you will need to change the output to "Enc".

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    If you look at the [RESULT] posted to the chat window, it is correctly randomizing the number of creatures. (i.e. "1" Silver Dragon Wyrmling, "5" Troglodyte)

Please note, you have your output of your custom table set to "Chat", so the output will go straight to the chat window with the link included.

If you want to generate an encounter, you will need to change the output to "Enc".

Regards,
    JPG
    It is not, that is just the result of the die roll (ex. the first roll was a 1, then second 5), it is not the random die roll for those.

Blog Entries
    There is a new random encounter screen accessed from Encounters. That works.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Change your output to "Encounter".

Quote Originally Posted by Furio74 View Post
    The screenshot here is showing the table output as chat. Try it with "Enc" as mentioned by Moon Wizard and Andraax.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The screenshot here is showing the table output as chat. Try it with "Enc" as mentioned by Moon Wizard and Andraax.
    I just tried that and get only 1 instance of each thing I roll in the Encounter as output. Please see screenshot.
    Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 7.30.50 PM.png

Try "[1d6x] Silver Dragon Wyrmling"

The "x" is what indicates you want a multiple, instead of just a random number.

Apologies I didn't notice that part earlier.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information