STAR TREK 2d20

stat multipliers for damage

Hi i am making a spell effect that is supposed to add Half my Characters CON mod to damage but it cant seem to understand 0.5, it takes anything between 0 and 1 as a 1. is there a way to remedy this, im plugging in the number i need manually for now but i boost con often and wonder if there is a fix for this?
    Character's Con Mod is 3, so it should make the damage 3d4+1 but as you can see it is 3d4+3
    Pathfidner system
    3.3.4 Ultimate
    23.PNG

Blog Entries
    Until someone who knows responds, have you tried "1/2" instead of a decimal?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

That field is specifically capped at 1 for the minimum value, as there were not any damage rolls that required half of an ability score. I'll try including for the next beta version, but might need to roll back if it causes issues.

As a workaround, you'll need to set a fixed bonus for now.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks for the consideration and no problem. I dont mind setting it manually i just like the auto change when its convenient. Thank you again

I have a question in a similar vein. I am trying to create a two handed action for a two handed weapon to account for the increased bonus damage - 1.5 of standard bonus. If I create a new weapon/action on the Action tab, I can go in and enter the 1.5 multiplier for the stat - but then the damage type (e.g slashing) doesn't carry over to the chat box, it comes across as 'unknown'. The damage is calculated as expected, just not the type, which could be important at times.

If I remove that stat multiplier, the damage type is shown in chat as expected....add it back, goes to 'unknown' again.

Is this expected?

Quote Originally Posted by thsmalley View Post
    I have a question in a similar vein. I am trying to create a two handed action for a two handed weapon to account for the increased bonus damage - 1.5 of standard bonus. If I create a new weapon/action on the Action tab, I can go in and enter the 1.5 multiplier for the stat - but then the damage type (e.g slashing) doesn't carry over to the chat box, it comes across as 'unknown'. The damage is calculated as expected, just not the type, which could be important at times.

If I remove that stat multiplier, the damage type is shown in chat as expected....add it back, goes to 'unknown' again.

Is this expected?
    Welcome to the forums.

Which ruleset are you using?

I've just tested this in Pathfinder (the ruleset this original thread was referring to) and it works fine. Make sure there is an actual damage type entered in the "Type" entry immediately under the damage dice in the weapon detail window.

If you've checked there's a type entered and it still doesn't work, then please provide a screenshot of the weapon details window (the one you get when you click the magnifying glass) and the chat window showing the problem, and also the version of the rulesets and extensions loaded (shown at the beginning of campaign load).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by thsmalley View Post

Is this expected?
    I see this in D&D 5E. Whatever version is current as of Jan 27, 2019. I can't join the campaign at the moment.

I have a power that is supposed to do radiant damage of 1/2 my level, rounded up. The rounded up bit is a whole other issue, but I've noticed that if I put a damage multiplier of 0.5, or 0.6, or 1.5, the radiant damage type gets ignored. I tried it with level and various stats with the same result. Whole numbers apply the radiant modifier properly.

Hi sfpck, welcome to FG.

Create an effect of DMG: [HLVL], radiant

More information on effects in these videos and on the WIki
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Hi sfpck, welcome to FG.

Create an effect of DMG: [HLVL], radiant

More information on effects in these videos and on the WIki
    TYVM. That helped me figure out how to do the "rounded up" part for Radiant Consumption. Since [HLVL] is always rounded down.

DMG:[LVL] [-HLVL], radiant

That is a tangent from this thread though. There is still an issue with decimals in the multiplier field stripping data from the damage type field.

Quote Originally Posted by sfpuck View Post
    TYVM. That helped me figure out how to do the "rounded up" part for Radiant Consumption. Since [HLVL] is always rounded down.

DMG:[LVL] [-HLVL], radiant

That is a tangent from this thread though. There is still an issue with decimals in the multiplier field stripping data from the damage type field.
    As noted by Moon Wizard above the box isn't meant to use fractions. So only whole numbers will work.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information