FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Feature Request: Auto-Detection of Tokens when exporting a module

I make all my own tokens, and when building a module it is very frustrating that I have to manually drag and drops all the tokens into the export window. FG should be able to detect all the tokens used automatically and put them into the exported tokens window for you.

Blog Entries
    Ahhhh. it already does.
    You only drag additional tokens to the dialogue.
    Any NPCs being exported will have their tokens exported too.

Create a folder called tokens in the campaign folder and put your tokens in there. They’ll get exported with the module.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Create a folder called tokens in the campaign folder and put your tokens in there. They’ll get exported with the module.
    Perhaps that’s why it didn’t, I have my tokens organized through multiple folders in the base token folder for fantasy grounds.
    Still the program should be smart enough to detect and export tokens assigned to any npcs regardless of the tokens file being outside of the campaign folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugahst View Post
    Still the program should be smart enough to detect and export tokens assigned to any npcs regardless of the tokens file being outside of the campaign folder.
    As damned mentioned - it does do this.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Can you give us a repeatable example (preferably with screen shots) of when it does not?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Can you give us a repeatable example (preferably with screen shots) of when it does not?
    Sure, so here is a screenshot of the export window- i have npcs checked, and I also have open my folder structure window to show i have the token folder in the base fantasy grounds tokens folder (in the data dir). I haven't tried moving the tokens into the specific campaign folder yet (but i really shouldn't have to).
    FG- no export.jpg

This campaign is using tokens from Shadow of the Demon Lord and Misc Tokens folders.

The tokens don't automatically display in the export window. Any referenced token in an NPC record that is local to your system is bundled up as part of the module when the export happens, and similarly with image records (i.e. images are exported).

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Yea, only tokens used in NPCs that are exported are exported. They won't export in the directory structure, but they should be included in the module file. Have you tried that?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Check the module itself for tokens once you've exported it with NPCs that have tokens linked. The linked tokens don't display in the export window - that is only a place to add extra tokens.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information