5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

"Slaying" Weapons

Hi Folks,
    Probably a stupid question. I'm trying to create a sword which does an additional 1d6 vs. Goblinoids. Is there any way to automate the additional damage? I thought I could take a Dragon Slayer/Giant Slayer type of weapon and use that but it doesn't seem that there's anything on those that automatically does this which surprised me to be honest. If not, no big deal we can do it manually but it'd be nice to have. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    I think you can. Looking at the wiki, I see this example;

IFT: TYPE (giant); DMG: 1d8 If the target of the damage roll is Giant then do an additional 1d8 damage. There is a complete list of what creature types the TYPE conditional operator will accept and you can find a list of acceptable types below. If you want to test for multiple types then you can separate the types by a comma e.g. IFT: TYPE (dragon, aberration, celestial) will return true if any of these types are the target.
    from https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/5E_Effects

As long as "goblinoid" is a valid type, you should be good to just change that. You could also look at Rob Twohy's modules on the DMsGuild, if the effect is possible then it should be available in his magic items effects coding package (I would think). Also, Mr. Z. has put together a series of vdeos on coding that might get you where you are going too.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I think you can. Looking at the wiki, I see this example;

from https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/5E_Effects

As long as "goblinoid" is a valid type, you should be good to just change that. You could also look at Rob Twohy's modules on the DMsGuild, if the effect is possible then it should be available in his magic items effects coding package (I would think). Also, Mr. Z. has put together a series of vdeos on coding that might get you where you are going too.
    You might also look at using this extension.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...cs-characters)

It will allow you to pre-configure effects on items, npc and characters and when they are equipped and placed into the combat tracker will automatically be added much like it sounds like you were looking for.

Note: this extension is for 5E ruleset.
    Last edited by celestian; February 12th, 2018 at 19:29.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

This is relevant to Pathfinder. You can try "IFT: TYPE(goblinoid); DMG: 1d6" for the Pathfinder ruleset. As long as the NPC has the goblinoid subtype in their record, it should trigger when applying damage to those NPCs.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks folks. This is for 5E. So would I put: "IFT: TYPE (goblinoid); DMG: 1d8 " in the damage of the weapon or the properties? Sorry for the dumb questions. Thanks for the help!

Moved to the 5E thread as this is a question specific to 5E. Everyone - please remember to post any system specific questions in the relevant system thread (or, at the very least say in your first post what system you're using) - it prevents people wasting their time either asking what system it is for or sometimes making incorrect assumptions. It will also give you a faster, more accurate answer. Thanks.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dax Doomslayer View Post
    Thanks folks. This is for 5E. So would I put: "IFT: TYPE (goblinoid); DMG: 1d8 " in the damage of the weapon or the properties? Sorry for the dumb questions. Thanks for the help!
    I think so. Try it.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

No, it would have to be added to the combat tracker for that user. Effects are specifically only applied by the combat tracker. You can also add to the Actions tab of the PC as a custom power entry with an effect action.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Of course, Moon is right, I wasn't thinking your were wanting to add this to the weapon damage field itself.

Create an action that has the effect. You can set that to expire on next roll if they don't normally use the weapon, or give it a permanent duration (0) and just turn it off or remove it in the rare case they are not using that weapon.

Thread Information