STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: the license

the license

Question?
    When i buy the license outright does that still mean i need to buy the full players handbook and DMs guide separate? to have those rues and systems in my license?

Blog Entries
    Well a $40 license coming with $60 of DLC free doesn't give Smiteworks much room to continue to exist.

So, yes, PHB and DMG and MM are separate purchases.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

The basic license comes with all the content of the SRD for 5E. If you want anything that is not in the SRD, those are separate purchases.

Blog Entries
    This post will help you get the details; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...eed-to-play-5e

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeabboud View Post
    Question?
    When i buy the license outright does that still mean i need to buy the full players handbook and DMs guide separate? to have those rues and systems in my license?
    Yes the license just lets you use purchased dlc content (like the books mentioned) and host/join the games for/of non Ultimate License holding GMs. There is also the subscription option if you haven't seen it, personally I bought the Ultimate license though and it has been worth it for me.

The standard license does include both the 5e SRD and the 5e Basic ruleset however, so it is quite feasible to run games with a standard license and nothing else. You just lose access to a lot of the super cool automation options, drag and drop features and easy look up reference books that are available to you if you purchase the PHB or DMG.
    The monster manual is one I would highly recommend if you use traditional monsters though, as they all come with tokens.

There are multiple sales of the books throughout the year, you may be able to wait for one of those.

Thread Information