DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by watters View Post
    Can people do that if they only have the demo version though?
    They will still require an Internet connection when they first connect to the GM's Ultimate license - to verify it is valid. But they use the internal IP address of the GM's computer to connect when playing on the same network - you don't need port forwarding.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    It was windows defender. Now my router doesn't let me make it the item for port forwarding. I can forward from the router to a specific laptop, but not to more than one laptop. So I can't have people on my home network playing. Any thoughts on this?
    A specific port is like an address. So you can only port forward port 1802 to one computer. Think of it like this, what would the post office do if you put in a forwarding request for your mail and asked them to send it to two different places? Couldn't happen. A letter/package/etc can only be delivered to one place.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Players do not need port forwarding whether internet or lan. Only the GM needs to port forward if players must connect over internet.

Blog Entries
    Can people do that if they only have the demo version though?
    Do you have an Ultimate license?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

ok today it won't work again....I didn't change anything, but now I can't get FG through the port

Blog Entries
    ok today it won't work again....I didn't change anything, but now I can't get FG through the port
    Your ip must be changing then, possibly every couple of days. Check what your ip is now compared to what it was the last time it worked.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    Set your router to use UPnP and then reboot it.
    If that doesnt work then you need to either assign via a dhcp static reservation a specific ip address to yorr computer or manually assign an ip address to your computer that is outside the dhcp scope and then you port forward to this fixed/static/manual ip address.

Thanks
    Did you get it resolved? I was checking up because I recently went through and solved the same issues for Defender. My router is from Uverse. Let me know if you need any help. Cheers!
    Hawk

Sorry for the delay, but I have it resolved now. My bigger issue is now a bit more complicated. I want to use FG for face to face RPG; however, you can only port forward to my computer (or one device basically). Now if everyone else can plug a cable into my network I guess I am fine, but most laptops are wireless these days and don't even have a connection so I think if they connect wirelessly FG won't work for them or they won't be able to connect to my computer??

Blog Entries
    Sorry for the delay, but I have it resolved now. My bigger issue is now a bit more complicated. I want to use FG for face to face RPG; however, you can only port forward to my computer (or one device basically). Now if everyone else can plug a cable into my network I guess I am fine, but most laptops are wireless these days and don't even have a connection so I think if they connect wirelessly FG won't work for them or they won't be able to connect to my computer??
    Port forward is required for devices NOT on your network and is only required for the GM computer.
    On your Wifi router turn Wireless Isolation OFF it is there.
    On your computer make sure your network profile is set to Private.
    The players all connect using:
    theirnickname and yourLANipaddress

Thread Information