DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Using 2 displays for local play

Hey everyone,

Im using Fantasy Grounds for local play on my PC and multiple monitors/TVs. My goal is to have the monitor on the left as my DM screen and the monitor on my right and TV ahead of me as the player screen. Im trying to drag a window from Fantasy Grounds to the monitor on the right but the window wont show up. Would anyone have an idea on how to drag a window outside the program so my players could see whats happening?

26178698_10159735398355057_1249530942_o.jpg

Blog Entries
    You cant drag a FG window into the second screen - you launch a second instance of FG, connect to localhost as the server name and drag that instance to teh second screen.

Awesome ill give that a go, thanks

Im having some problems getting this set up. Could you by chance walk me through it?
    Last edited by Crusible; December 29th, 2017 at 03:34.

Blog Entries
    Are you using Steam or the Web installer?
    If using Steam you need to create a manual shortcut to Fantasygrounds.exe and use that to launch FG.

Once FG is launched right click on the FG icon in the TaskBar and click on Fantasy Grounds to launch your second instance.
    Put a different username in and then use localhost as the Host name.

I am using steam. Ill give it a go thanks

I connected to the localhost and had the second instance on the second monitor but i wasn't able to access anything from my first monitor. I ended up loading the campaign on both instances and running them separately.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusible View Post
    I connected to the localhost and had the second instance on the second monitor but i wasn't able to access anything from my first monitor. I ended up loading the campaign on both instances and running them separately.
    The second instance is a player instance. In the second instance you choose Join Game.

Blog Entries
    You don't want two instances accessing the same campaign. Bound to end up corrupting something. As Damned says, the second instance you "Join Game" using the address of "localhost" with a name like "second" or such. That is then a "player" instance where you can show the map etc.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    If you only want 2 (or 3) displays for yourself, right click on the background of FG select restore window to remove the "full screen" then stretch the window as you want to cover both your displays20161216_230059.jpg

Thread Information