FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 25 First ... 2345614 ... Last

Thread: NPC Engineer

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maasq View Post
    Thank you Rob!
    The improved text entry should go live soon, maybe even tonight. It'll make a big difference to entering the descriptive stuff.

Maasq
    I love this project.
    1) Let me know if I can help, I doubt I can, but anything I can do.
    2) This is the greatest thing ever.
    3) You da man.
    4) More *** kissing.

Signed, a guy that makes modules 24/7 (even while he sleeps)...
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Quote Originally Posted by rob2e View Post
    I love this project.
    Test it thoroughly I am lazy when it comes to testing my work. It is probably arrogance, to be honest! So yeah, as many people testing it for as wide a range of NPCs will show up any faults in it.
    I'm also open to suggestions if you feel anything is missing.

What do you think my next module should be? I want something simple, so maybe equipment - I want to make sure everything integrates as easily as I envisage. After that, I can start hitting some of the harder areas such as races, classes, etc.

Anyway, you're one of the 'well known' ones on this forum, so you endorsing it will hopefully drive a few more folk to try it. That's help right there.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

Blog Entries
    I am HOPING what you are working toward is something that will do EVERYTHING. Is that even possible? Paste the whole PDF in and it just sorts it out? I think that's probably not possible. But next, you should do whichever one you think is easiest. The one that won't burn you out. lol
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

I am HOPING what you are working toward is something that will do EVERYTHING. Is that even possible? Paste the whole PDF in and it just sorts it out? I think that's probably not possible. But next, you should do whichever one you think is easiest. The one that won't burn you out. lol
    I'd say 'not possible' because there are so many different styles and formats to copy from, and that's before the mechanical difficulties of recognising room description/weapon/NPC/boss/whatever. Basically you'd need a full-blown AI
    My skill level works at the compartmentalised level, so you'll have modules (eventually) for each of the major parsing areas. Within each of those I'll be implementing a paste-import method if it seems worthwhile.

Burn-out is always an issue; especially when a task is difficult due to all the different inputs possible and the language I am using has limitations. The support on here and on Discord has been fantastic, though, and the guys on the AHK forum are similarly very giving of their time and expertise, so it gets me back on track.

The worst thing is finding the whole program is grinding to a halt because you mistyped a period as a comma - and you discover this whilst asking for help in a programmer's forum..... My kids found it very funny when I stopped cringing and told them, so not totally a waste!

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Discord channel.

I love this project.
    2) This is the greatest thing ever.
    3) You da man.
    4) More *** kissing.

Signed, a guy that makes modules 24/7 (even while he sleeps)...
    I almost can not wait! Gooo Massq!

Laerun

ps. Still wanting to do that interview soon!
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

discovered a little glitch

I have been making a module with loads of racial templates on to NPC's and i have noticed If for example i open my bard.Npc file , add some Elf traits ,save it ,add to project and Parse then open say a veteran.npc file the bards's spells haven't been cleared

The same thing happens with traits

a way to quickly add templates would be appreciated by myself
    Last edited by hawkwind; November 4th, 2017 at 08:27.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    discovered a little glitch

I have been making a module with loads of racial templates on to NPC's and i have noticed If for example i open my bard.Npc file , add some Elf traits ,save it ,add to project and Parse then open say a veteran.npc file the bards's spells haven't been cleared

The same thing happens with traits

a way to quickly add templates would be appreciated by myself
    Hiya

You're right; it is indeed a glitch. I'll fix it in the next release which I hope is coming soon. Until then, a workaround is to click 'New NPC' before 'Open NPC'; this will clear all data fields. Sorry about that, and I hope it never caused you too much pain

Someone else requested templates, and the main reason I haven't done it is I am not sure how to. I am open to suggestions!

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Hi Maasq
    I've downloaded it today but I'm having a small problem and I'm not sure where I went wrong
    After Parsing, I tried opening the module on FG but it gives me an error 237 reading end tag

As for the templates, you can simply use the SRD Monsters/NPCs as templates perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Aljabry View Post
    After Parsing, I tried opening the module on FG but it gives me an error 237 reading end tag
    That sounds like an XML issue but I can't reproduce that with my test batch of NPCs. Can you email me your npcs.json and the mod file please, so I can see what is happening? [email protected], or hunt me down in Discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Aljabry View Post
    As for the templates, you can simply use the SRD Monsters/NPCs as templates perhaps?
    Possibly, though I want to avoid having content in NPC Engineer. Maybe I'll have a 'save as template' option and work with that somehow. Cheers for the suggestion!

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maasq View Post
    Possibly, though I want to avoid having content in NPC Engineer. Maybe I'll have a 'save as template' option and work with that somehow. Cheers for the suggestion!

Maasq
    My understanding is you could include the SRD, or parts of it, as long as you include the OGL as well.

But, you might instead of including the SRD, just in your doco a link to the SRD and an example or instructions on how to use it. Then you wouldn't have to worry about any of that.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information