5E Character Create Playlist

Certain WOTC modules not updating

Hi all;

I've been attempting to update my FG from 3.3.2 to 3.3.3, and I keep getting the following error:

SaveToVault
    Unable to extract file (modules/DD PHB Deluxe.mod) for product
    (WOTC5EPHBDELUXE).

[I get the same error for the Mines of Phendelver, the WOTC5ePOTO decal package, Modules/DD The Rise of Tiamat.mod (WOTC5EROT),DD TYP Tomb of Horrors.mod, DD TYP Sunless Ciditel.mod, and some others, all WOTC though ]

All the other modules (WOTC or otherwise) update / install just fine.

I've attempted it a couple of times, and then changed the save location of the data files in settings in hopes that a 'fresh' install location might work, but to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
    Mark

Welcome to the forums Murkyrat Sorry you're having issues.

Try deleting the offending files and re-running an update:

- Start FG and click the folder icon in the top right hand corner, this will open a file explorer window.
    - Go into the vault directory and find the files WOTC5EPHBDELUXE.dat, WOTC5EROT.dat, etc. - basically the .dat file related to the product code. Delete these files.
    - Re-run an update.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It sounds like the files got corrupted, or you changed the FG login or license key used to last Update.

You can just try updating again. If that doesn’t work, try deleting the vault sub folder in the FG data directory, and then updating.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks for the replies.

I tried deleting the Vault in the FG Data directory and rerunning the update ... again, the same files refuse to install/extract.

My FG Login and License key are the same as the ones I've always used (Double checked from my Order Receipt, just in case!), and all the rest of the WOTC content loads just fine.

If necessary, I'll uninstall it on this computer and try it on my other machine tonight and see it if will install properly there.

Thanks again!

Blog Entries
    No need to uninstall on your current machine before trying to install it on your other machine.

Moon and Trenloe know a lot more about this than I do, but have you checked your folder permissions? (Don't know why/how this would effect only some files though)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Moon and Trenloe know a lot more about this than I do, but have you checked your folder permissions? (Don't know why/how this would effect only some files though)
    Well, it could be file permissions, but that's not likely if he actually deleted them...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Well, it could be file permissions, but that's not likely if he actually deleted them...
    I know I know it's a stretch but its the only thing I can think of!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Well, everthing installed happily on my other computer, so I'm not going to worry too much about the other installation.
    As an aside, I did check the permissions of that folder (In an effort to solve the mystery) but all was fine there. I'll see if I can solve it someday, but for today everything is fine.

Thanks to all for your help!

Thread Information