5E Character Create Playlist
Page 4 of 62 First ... 234561454 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelen View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but most of the adventure modules do not include a Reference Manual section in the library. Only TYP and ToA have it. All of the non-adventure books (PHB, SCAG, etc) have it as well.
    Indeed, only since TYP has a reference section been included in adventures. Obviously the DMG, PHB and SCAG have reference manuals since that is what they are.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I found a little typo in the Tortle Package. In the main description of the race, under Adventurers at Heart, fourth paragraph, the first line got separated into its own paragraph. FantasyGrounds_2017-10-06_13-36-00.png
    You can find my work for D&D 5th Edition on the DMs Guild.

Thanks for reporting.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Indeed, only since TYP has a reference section been included in adventures. Obviously the DMG, PHB and SCAG have reference manuals since that is what they are.
    I hope the other adventures get a reference manual eventually; it really helps with navigating the adventures.
    You can find my work for D&D 5th Edition on the DMs Guild.

I hope the other adventures get a reference manual eventually; it really helps with navigating the adventures.
    I agree, but it is a tremendous amount of work and I have limited time. For some of the modules I'd basically have to redo them from the ground up. That's hundreds of hours of work and I didn't do the original modules for the earlier adventures. The PHB and DMG were redone and so has SCAG to take advantage of the new layouts available in reference manuals, but I do not think that the older adventures will get the treatment.

Blog Entries
    I believe there might be a slight logical error in the lua file 5E\campaign\scripts\power_page.lua
    (5E ruleset v3.3.3)

At approximately line 135 the bUpdatingGroups flag is set to true.
    Then based on some conditions, the routine exits early (line 150) without ever resetting the flag to false.

Code:
    function onGroupNameChanged(nodeGroupName)
       if bUpdatingGroups then
          return;
       end
       bUpdatingGroups = true;						--   <---- line 135

local nodeParent = nodeGroupName.getParent();
       local sNode = nodeParent.getNodeName();

local nodeGroup = nil;
       local sOldValue = "";
       for sGroup, vGroup in pairs(aGroups) do
          if vGroup.nodename == sNode then
             nodeGroup = vGroup.node;
             sOldValue = sGroup;
             break;
          end
       end
       if not nodeGroup or sGroup == "" then
          return;								-- <---- line 150
       end

end
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

I'll take your word for it and see that someone who understands this gets to know about it

I found a little typo in the Tortle Package. In the main description of the race, under Adventurers at Heart, fourth paragraph, the first line got separated into its own paragraph. FantasyGrounds_2017-10-06_13-36-00.png
    We are fixing this now. Expect an update soon.

@Minty23185Fresh,

Thanks for the pointer. Since there haven't been any specific reports that I have which are associated with this code, it's may not be getting triggered in the current 5E ruleset. I'll add it to the list to fix up for future releases.

Regards,
    JPG

Maybe I'm missing something, but it appears the Tortle race only gives base AC of 13, when it should be base AC of 17 due to the Natural Armor trait.

Thread Information