5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Premade Templates

Ok so I made these Cleric and Druid Templates that have everything on them already, you'll only need to remove the stuff from the sheets you won't be using, Since it's a lot easier to Delete stuff then it is too add stuff like spells and other skills.

Moderator: Attachments removed due to copyright issues
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; August 25th, 2017 at 10:46.

You can't distribute copyright material like this, sorry.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

What do you mean Copyright whats copyrighted about XML files?
    What was copyrighted in these XML character files?
    Last edited by Genghis Tebo; August 25th, 2017 at 14:05.

Blog Entries
    Not having seen the file, I can only guess but probably thing like the druid circles, only the Circle of the Land is in the SRD, the others circles are from the PHB and have copyright. Same for spells, cleric domains, etc... You can only use things from the SRD, unless you get permission from the publisher then you can use everything.

Blog Entries
    And if you use the SRD then you have to include the OGL text.

That being said, you probably could distribute these on the DMsGuild, since you can use everything 5E WotC except artwork on things you publish there.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The files that OP linked can be sold on DMs guild for profit, but can't be posted here for free? What a weird world we live in.

If you had created the templates with just the links then that would be fine since anyone using them would need the Player's Handbook in order to use them. However you included the complete text of all of the spells, not all of which are in the SRD as well as the complete text for all of the archetypes and other stuff as well. As stated above you would need to include only OGL material and also include a copy of the OGL - which is difficult in a character. The rules for the DMs Guild are different and as noted above you could probably distribute there but again you'll need to find a way to include the OGL
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by starcraft911 View Post
    The files that OP linked can be sold on DMs guild for profit, but can't be posted here for free? What a weird world we live in.
    Not really. Apparently they contained Intellectual Property owned by WotC. WotC controls (licenses) how their IP can be distributed. As they should. They created it, they should be rewarded for it's use (otherwise why create anything if you can't use it to pay the salaries of the people employeed making it?)

People get confused, thinking that if someone is giving something away for free, then copyright doesn't apply. But think what that means. If a bunch of us made templates of all the characters, all the spells, etc and gave them away for free, then no one would need to buy the PHB right? Because everything in it was already given away for free.

The other mistake is thinking that you can only "sell" stuff on the DMsG. People can (and do) post things on the DMsG for free, you don't have to sell it to post it there. But if you do sell it, WotC gets a percentage of your sales. So this rewards them for letting you use (and distribute) parts of the IP they own. It also gives them other rights, and the ability to monitor and control distribution of their IP from a single location.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    I have 16 premade characters modeled after the WoTC standard pregen characters available DMS Guild now (levels 1-10) with PWYW pricing (suggested $1 but can pay zero). Smiteworks has the license to sell official WoTC conversions but we do not. So if we want to make content available, and it uses WoTC IP, DMS Guild is an easy tool to use.

https://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?...chael%20Potter

Go there and see what I did, feel free to DL for free to check one out.

I bet you can do what you intended and all you need to do is to provide a link to your DMs Guild listing and just make it PWYW pricing (pay what you want).
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Thread Information