STAR TREK 2d20

connection issue

So there was an update available just now 8/12/17 7:15 pm, and now I fail to connect. So now my players cannot reach me.
    Am I the only one having this issue? We were just playing prior to the update.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forums shayne

Fantasy Ground doesn't use a central server, your GM instance is the server, so it will be very rare that people will have similar connection issues to you.

Also, I'm not aware of any update in the "live" environment today.

A few questions:
    What message do the players get when they try to connect?
    Are you running on "test" or "live"?
    What do you get when you try the connection test on the Load Campaign screen?
    Has your GM computer IP address changed? If so, you may need to update any port forwarding rules you have setup in your Internet router.
    Check what Windows is reporting your network connection as (assuming you're on Windows). If it's Public then change it to Private.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks. I've lurked for a while, never really had an issue until now.
    Once we realized that I am the instance, it made more sense.
    Your suggestion was exactly what I needed, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by shayne View Post
    Your suggestion was exactly what I needed, thanks!
    Great! Glad you got going.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Sometimes we have noted the FG alias server drops out for us, as well the above using IP address solution resolves it. But this should be looked at it seem to drop out a fair bit in my time line Sydney Australia Night.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardem View Post
    Sometimes we have noted the FG alias server drops out for us, as well the above using IP address solution resolves it. But this should be looked at it seem to drop out a fair bit in my time line Sydney Australia Night.
    Try generating a new alias. It is possible that you have been given the same alias as someone else and therefore when they are on line you might be having conflicts/issues.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information