Starfinder Playlist

Export purchased content text to text files?

Hi, guys.

I've been ruling some of my homebrew adventures with FG. Recently I've bought some official D&D adventures but I feel very unconfortable reading long pieces of text in Fantasy Ground's windows.

Do you know any mod wich allow to export the main text of the purchased content to .pdf, .doc, or any other text file document? I'm not interested in any kind of pictures, just the plain text to read it in my ebook.

I've been trying to open the vault folder's files and remove whole the code lines. But is really hard.

Thanks a lot!

Hi Torment welcome to FG.

No you can't do anything like that since the material is copyright; and data in the vault is copy protected so you can't access that either.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

The reference manual is no harder to read than a PDF. The 'windows' are pages just like a PDF, so it is virtually the same thing. Of course, you cannot put it on your ebook.

Blog Entries
    If you go to the Library, choose your module and then go to Reference Manual, it should look much like a PDF version of the printed book. Some tips for the best use would be to resize the window to reflow it to your preferred size. You can do this by dragging the resize handle or using the shortcut of CTRL+click-drag within the window. There is a next & previous arrow keys at the bottom that you can use to go to the next page and you can search for keywords as well. Finally, if you have a page that you want to refer back to regularly, click the shortcut link in the upper-left of the page to pop that page out of the reference manual into a separate sheet. You can drag this to a Story, Note or even the hotkey bar for reference later on.

Thanks to everybody about your answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    No you can't do anything like that since the material is copyright
    That is true. But buying a licensed copy and making copies for myself I am not breaking the copyright laws. At least in my country.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    The reference manual is no harder to read than a PDF. The 'windows' are pages just like a PDF, so it is virtually the same thing.
    Yes. I had a mistake. Maybe I should have wrote "my laptop screen" instead of "Fantasy Ground's windows".

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    If you go to the Library, choose your module and then go to Reference Manual, it should look much like a PDF version of the printed book. Some tips for the best use would be to resize the window to reflow it to your preferred size. You can do this by dragging the resize handle or using the shortcut of CTRL+click-drag within the window. There is a next & previous arrow keys at the bottom that you can use to go to the next page and you can search for keywords as well. Finally, if you have a page that you want to refer back to regularly, click the shortcut link in the upper-left of the page to pop that page out of the reference manual into a separate sheet. You can drag this to a Story, Note or even the hotkey bar for reference later on.
    Thanks about this fantastic explanation. I will try it after setup a better /scaleui size.

I want to take this opportunity to express you my gratitude about let me still playing rpgs with my childhood friends. You are doing a great job with FG.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Torment View Post
    That is true. But buying a licensed copy and making copies for myself I am not breaking the copyright laws. At least in my country.
    We know, but the license agreements from the publishers (in this case WotC) most likely requires the content not be readily exportable. As we all know, if it were possible, someone would exploit it to make and distribute copies illegally

Thanks about this fantastic explanation. I will try it after setup a better /scaleui size.

I want to take this opportunity to express you my gratitude about let me still playing rpgs with my childhood friends. You are doing a great job with FG.
    If you end up not liking scaleui, there are also some "big font" extensions that you can try.

Again, welcome to the community!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information