DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    I made those adjustments to my router settings then opened Fantasy Grounds then Loaded the Campaign then tested the connection and I got a big fat FAILURE again!
    I think a small portion of my soul just shriveled up and died
    Any other ideas?

You probably need open the port in your modem as well. Either that, or possibly your ISP is blocking / NATing your external address. If it's the latter you'll need to use a VPN solution like Hamachi.

Someone else might be more help. I have seen the request that you open a command window and run "tracert 8.8.8.8" and post the first 10 lines here, so that might speed up someone with helping you...
    Last edited by Andraax; July 16th, 2017 at 03:02.

Thank you Andrax, I will try posting the information you suggested - I am out of my element here I must confess:
    Attachment 19836

To what address did you forward your port to?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Respond to Zacchaeus:

192.168.1.124 which is listed as the internal IP
    =============================
    Device IP is the IP of the computer you're running FG on. When you run FG, and click on "Load Campaign" there is an "Internal IP" field - that IP address is what goes in there.

I'm not an expert on such matters but it would appear that the second leg of your tracert goes to another router with IP address 192.168.0.1. This suggests that you will have to port forward from one to the other and then to your PC. But as I say I'm not an expert on such things.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yeah, looks like he has a modem that needs to be port-forwarded as well.

Blog Entries
    Just to be clear, it looks like your modem is at 192.168.0.1. Log into that and port forward that to your linksys router (which is 192.168.1.1). Then log into your linksys and port forward that to your GM computer (192.168.1.124)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

this was very helpful - thank you!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Komodo View Post
    this was very helpful - thank you!
    Good to hear

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information