5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Unbelievable Couple of Weeks

As some of you may have noticed, I haven't been around much the last couple of weeks.

It was supposed to be my first actual vacation since 1995 and going to Cancun, Mexico. The first leg of our trip was to layover in Orlando Florida and visit my mom for a couple of days, and then we had planned to do the same thing on the way back. Unfortunately, things didn't work out that way.

When our flight got delayed, we tried to call her around 6 pm and there was no answer. We were worried, but thought maybe she just didn't hear the phone. When we arrived around midnight, we found the lights on and her tv in the front room running, but there was no answer at the door. After about a half hour of trying to knock, we called the sheriff's office to send out a deputy to help. They made entry and found that she had passed that afternoon at the age of 77. Very sad, but not totally unexpected, as we knew she was very sick.

We spent the last week and a half at my mom's place taking care of all of the arrangements. We drove her car back to Kentucky on tuesday and stayed one night at home. We are now preparing to leave any minute for Missouri, which is where I am originally from, for the funeral and laying her next to dad.

It was a couple of weeks that started with the news of the birth of my new grandson and the excitement of a trip, but quickly turned to bad news. Such is the cycle of life. I know she is in a better place and will avoid a tremendous amount of suffering, but that doesn't really make me feel that much better. It isn't just the loss of mother; it is the continual loss of everyone of your family and friends over the years which comes when you start growing older. Those that are going thru that know; and those that haven't, it will happen eventually. It's all part of life, I know; but that doesn't make it easier.

Chuck "Vodokar"
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

My condolences mate - to you and your family
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Sorry for your loss and rough weeks

Blog Entries
    As you know, it is the circle of life. But knowledge does not make it an easier. Condolences and well wishes and hoping that your fond memories can help you through these challenges.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hang in there, Vodokar. Going through the first stages of that myself now.

I am sorry for your loss, it is always tough to loose someone close. I would like to wish you and your family well through this.

Sorry for your loss bro! It seems to me that you have a strong support group here, if you need someone to talk to i am sure any of us will lend you an ear.
    FGU Standard License Holder.

Currently Running:

My condolences to you and your family. May your remembrances be of the happiest times that you and your mom shared together.

Blog Entries
    I'm sorry for your loss. I've often heard that people pass away when they feel at peace and it may have aided her just knowing that you were coming in to visit.

I am sorry to hear of your loss.

DM-Kevin - Current campaign running: D&D 5.0 Tomb of Annihilation -

Thread Information