5E Character Create Playlist
Page 13 of 20 First ... 31112131415 ... Last

Thread: NPC Engineer

Okay, I was not trying to put down your work I was simply creating scenarios that 'other' people might migrate to... As far as the Word import, getting better. I still had the issue with the speed and HP getting messed up a bit, I have attached: Horse 1.png Okay, as far as the selections go, I did not know that there is a selection box to 'include' said sections (Spells) for each tab, that is what I meant. I will try to recreate the re-feed scenario... And, as far as the other site, the Donjon, I was able to just hold down the CTRL and C after selection prior to release it, was kinda tricky. I think it was designed that way to avoid this very scenario for copyright. The output to text was a blank text file, did I need to Save? I was able to 'fix' the HP/speed issue if it is on a separate line...Can we chat on Discord, Userid: AnAindie!#7210 Sorry, I was not able to recreate the refeed scenario as the export to text file is not working, something is off. Also, I would like to be able to pick the filter prior to pasting the text, as the software seems to try to parse prior to me pasting my text data.

DM Laerun
    Last edited by Laerun; August 15th, 2017 at 02:28. Reason: More data

Laerun, I am sorry.

Family crisis this week (hence why I haven't been around) and I let my stress boil over in the wrong place. I truly appreciate your feedback. I'll get a hold of you on Discord to drill down into issues a bit, but I might not be doing much before the weekend due to aforementioned crisis. Anyone know the DC for a saving throw vs idiot ex wives?

The text output - I seem to have switched it off. I was rebuilding the data structure as part of the GUI structure last week, and I turned it off during that (I think - I have no clear memory of doing it!). I'll switch it on and test it soon.

Picking the filter first is a good idea; I'll get on to that.

I have no issue at all importing the hot-blooded horse; see attached image. I wonder what the issue is? The SPEED on the same line and the indentation of the statblock are clearly the issues here, but why do they show up for you and not me?

I'm using Windows 10 and Office 16 (Office 365). What about you?

Maasq

Untitled.png

EDIT: The 'include' checkboxes only affect the GUI aspect of the NPC - so if you are creating one from scratch. They should automatically check if needed when importing a spellcasting NPC.
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maasq View Post
    Anyone know the DC for a saving throw vs idiot ex wives?
    I don't know the DC, but it's always at disadvantage, no matter if you might otherwise have advantage.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Anyone know the DC for a saving throw vs idiot ex wives?
    I believe this save needs to be made at the girlfriend/boyfriend stage and well before the wife/husband bit. After that there is no save available.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you for the smiles, guys
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Discord channel.

New version released. This adds D&D Beyond support!
    All files on the first post, and also attached below.

Latest version: 0.6.3
    Release date: 21 August 2017

Other improvements....

* You can select an import filter before you import without getting error messages.

* Pasting in the import window empties the clipboard to avoid inadvertent double-pasting (which was breaking the import)

* The 'Actions' tab is coming along - you can at least view actions etc, and delete them; adding and editing are still on the way.

OK, the marquee addition is D&D Beyond support. There are conditions.

You must click on the monster in the list to get to its own screen (see picture)

beyond.png

You must select from in between the speaker icon and the start of the NPC's name. Don't get the speaker as well. Select everything to the end of the NPC. NPC Engineer will filter out the advert.
    Subscribers - you will see something different. If this breaks the import, please let me know and email me a copy-paste of the page as a text file ([email protected])

Maasq
    Last edited by Maasq; October 23rd, 2017 at 21:54. Reason: Old file download removed!
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Good going onwards to the next module!!!
    My Project : FG5EParser LINK

Current Projects : Revamped FG5eParser v2!

New version released. This adds D&D Beyond support!
    All files on the first post, and also attached below.

Other improvements....

* You can select an import filter before you import without getting error messages.

* Pasting in the import window empties the clipboard to avoid inadvertent double-pasting (which was breaking the import)

* The 'Actions' tab is coming along - you can at least view actions etc, and delete them; adding and editing are still on the way.

OK, the marquee addition is D&D Beyond support. There are conditions.

You must click on the monster in the list to get to its own screen (see picture)

beyond.png

You must select from in between the speaker icon and the start of the NPC's name. Don't get the speaker as well. Select everything to the end of the NPC. NPC Engineer will filter out the advert.
    Subscribers - you will see something different. If this breaks the import, please let me know and email me a copy-paste of the page as a text file ([email protected])

Maasq
    Working so much better! Great work. The flow is better, and the issues I was personally having have gone away. TY~!

NPC Engineer
    A Windows application designed to simplify the process of getting NPCs (monsters!) into Fantasy Grounds.
    Its primary claim to usefulness is that will take an entire statblock from a variety of sources and output them in a format that Par5e or FG5EParser can parse.
    You can also build NPCs from scratch.

The latest build is at the bottom of this post. This is a work-in-progress - please work on backup files! The zip file has a file called 'splash' - please keep this in the same place as NPC Engineer.exe.
    Most recent change: D&D Beyond importing enabled.
    Attachment 20050
    Attachment 20051
    As this is a very early version, not all functions are enabled yet. All the form elements are active, but you will notice blank areas that are still to be coded. Of particular note: there is no 'load' function yet. This will be coded once the final structure of the save file is decided on.

Next goals:
    • Support for Frog God Games format
    • Actions
    • Error trapping
    • Full NPC module creation
    • Parse the NPC and sneak it in to a pre-existing *.mod file
    • Partial import from other sources such as 1E, 2E, 3E, Pathfinder (and other suitable sources)
    • Support for other formats such as PCGen and HeroLab (this depends on users of such forms sending me their output)
    • Templates

I imagine that it will be easy to break this application. If you find something that does, please send me a text file of the offending document so that I can track down the issue. ([email protected])

Maasq
    Hi Maasq - fantastic utility you are working on. I noticed one of your to-dos was for FGG format support. I'm assuming you mean the short stat block that is in most of our modules to date? That'll definitely help with the existing modules. I do have good news, though. That format is a thing of the past for 5e modules by Frog God Games as of The Blight. Everything going forward for 5e from us will follow standard 5e SRD format.

Hope this helps!
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder
    Currently Running (rotating home campaigns): Hobgoblins, Orcs, and Kobolds, Oh My! (5E), The Enemy Within (WFRP)
    Currently Playing: Castle Zagyg (Labyrinth Lord), The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (AD&D)

Hi Zhern!

Yeah, I had added that goal before seeing the short stat block. I don't own any of your modules and didn't know what I was letting myself in for I don't actually think there's enough info in the short block to automate the import, so I may have to admit defeat. Having said that, I only have a single statblock to work from, completely out of context!

Good to hear you are going to standard statblock; I may still have to write a 'translator' as PDFs are a whole world of strangeness

Thank you for the compliment. I am having a lot of fun writing it.

This may seem cheeky, and it isn't meant to be - if you are happy to have your product line imported by NPC Engineer and wouldn't mind, I would appreciate a page or two of NPC statblocks to work from, from across your 5E portfolio. I know, I know - this looks like a blatant barefaced blag! Honestly, though, I am not asking for entire PDFs - just some NPCs so I can try to work on them. No worries if you'd rather not for any reason!

If I can be of any help to you with this project, just let me know how and I'll try to incorporate it.

Thanks

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Thread Information