5E Character Create Playlist
Page 18 of 70 First ... 816171819202868 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Odd, they should be exactly the same. It's just a category. Are you sure you're not loading 2 modules with different names? I very well could of had 2 different modules.
    To be sure I just created a clean new campaign based off ADD Core r18, loaded your single Monsters SRD module only, and yep, I still get two copies of each monster (one under each category), and of each pair one of them has a 1 in the fields already described.

Another thing I just noticed about each NPC record - although the AD&D Core SRD: Monsters entries all are missing those three fields, they all have attack modes under Actions > Weapons, whereas the straight SRD entries are missing this data.

So it looks like:
    AD&D Core SRD: Monsters category NPCs items are missing spec def/attack and magic resistance
    SRD category NPCs are missing their attacks.

Of course I could've done something nuts...

Quote Originally Posted by ollster View Post
    To be sure I just created a clean new campaign based off ADD Core r18, loaded your single Monsters SRD module only, and yep, I still get two copies of each monster (one under each category), and of each pair one of them has a 1 in the fields already described.

Another thing I just noticed about each NPC record - although the AD&D Core SRD: Monsters entries all are missing those three fields, they all have attack modes under Actions > Weapons, whereas the straight SRD entries are missing this data.

So it looks like:
    AD&D Core SRD: Monsters category NPCs items are missing spec def/attack and magic resistance
    SRD category NPCs are missing their attacks.
    ok I see that, missed it also.

I've cleared out the double entries but im going to just have to rebuild this from ground up to include the basic attack info that gets imported.

I dunno when I'm going to get to that because it's a long process.

If anyone want's to volunteer to do this let me know. I've got the data I just need it shuffled to get just OGL/SRD critters. All it would involve is comparing the creatures and drag/dropping the correct one into a new list (some do need name tweaks)... but mostly just a lotta data eyeballing (names) and getting the correct creatures from the database dragged into the SRD one and exporting.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    If anyone want's to volunteer to do this let me know.
    Without really knowing what I'm getting myself in for... I could probably have a crack at it? It might take a while given the time of year, but if it's data entry I can probably find the time to contribute if you can give me the data and clear instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by ollster View Post
    Without really knowing what I'm getting myself in for... I could probably have a crack at it? It might take a while given the time of year, but if it's data entry I can probably find the time to contribute if you can give me the data and clear instructions.
    I'll ping you privately with details/data. Thanks!
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thanks to ollster's help the monster SRD has been cleaned up. Fixed the double entries and the actions (basic). See the first post for DL link.
    ---

Been a Roll20 player for years but found I don't have time to create all the macros I needed to automate. Finally bit the bullet and bought into FG during Steam Winter sale and have been really impressed. The group I am in now started with and has always enjoyed 1E. I see the classes for Fighter, Thief, MU & Cleric. Am I missing Ranger, Paladin, Druid sub classes somewhere? Will Unearthed Arcana add Barbarian and Cavalier? Thanks for doing this. Can't wait to dig into this.
    As an aside, while there is a steam sale going on any suggestions for supplements or modules?
    Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Hey Jack, welcome to FG and the forums.

What types of things are you interested in and what rule systems (editions) do you want? Adventures? Maps? Tokens? GM Resources?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    It really depends on what you need. For AD&D, there is nothing external available.

For 5e, I always strongly recommend the “complete core pack” which is the players handbook as it can be shared with players and makes setting up characters much quicker and easier.

In general, I also recommend looking on DMs Guild as there are a lot of little utilities and examples there. For example:

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/229...iate_id=229540

One of the included examples is a file that automatically plays sounds using syrinscape. Most is for 5e but a few are generic.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Although I would move to 5e, none of my gaming group has any 5e experience or materials. As I understand it they would have access to materials I purchased but only when connected to my Ultimate license. We do have many copies of of the 1st edition PH, UA and DM guides. As for what items I am thinking of tokens (prefer topdown over pogs), adventures (recommendations that I could easily convert to AD&D) and resources that I can import to avoid data entry. A monster manual that means I don't have to do data entry is nice, anything that brings in race and class benefits that I don't have to code.
    I will check out dmsguild. thanks for the link.

Jack Burton
    It's all in the reflexes.

Blog Entries
    5E wouldn't be a big leap for you. But you might be tempted to spend some money if you went that way. Check out this post for details on 5E "stuff"; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...eed-to-play-5e

Yes you are right about the players not having access to what you purchase on FG unless they are connected with you.

There are tokens in the store here, but I can't recommend any since I haven't bought any of them. For player portraits I usually just have the player send me a link from a google image search.

You can pretty easily play any print adventure you have without too much hassle (or by buying the pdf). What you need is a module of monsters (i.e. a monster manual). I think you would have to make this yourself since AD&D isn't licensed and I don't think it has an SRD/OGL. Then you can scan in the maps, or take them from the PDF, and use those. You might find online maps for many of them redone by various people that you can use too. Note that many of the old blue line maps are not actually square, so you will want to search the forums here for "map align tool" for a easy to use tool to scale and un-distort images. Then you just have to put together the encounters and NPCs. You can read all the boxed text and such so you don't have to transfer that to FG if you don't want to.

Another possible advantage to going to a newer edition is their are many tools for bulk NPC creation in 5E Pathfinder (and maybe other systems too).

If you are creating your own adventures, then the Trinkets and Descriptions links in my sig may be of interest to you.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information