5E Character Create Playlist
Page 10 of 12 First ... 89101112 Last
    4e Items button and opening items from the parsed items.

It's currently still broken on test. Opening the "base' items like longsword, for example results in https://puu.sh/v9E4W/e157775768.jpg, with a blank item window, if opened from the button on the right. Opening it from the library works correctly, however.
    Magic items DO open correctly from the button on the right, though. It's only the base items that have this issue.

Just breezing through the upcoming changes and additions. This stuff looks great. I am consistently impressed by how this company works so hard to keep making this product so deliciously good. I cheered when I saw that regeneration will now automatically cease after the appropriate damage is applied (for Pathfinder users, that is). Moon, you amazing fellow, thank you so much for all your hard work.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Speaking of 3.3.0... it fixes the extremely annoying issue of token placement on maps and facing status being completely messed up upon closing FG and then restarting it. Essentially you have to take a screenshot of your map before you close to use as a reference for the next time you launch FG and find yourself re-populating 85% of your tokens.

When 3.3.0 used to be 3.2.4 I was able to use it to address this nice little undocumented feature, but since 3.2.4 was changed to 3.3.0 nobody can connect unless they are also 3.3.0... which then screws up my players for other games they play in. Is there any way to hot fix a small patch to address this issue if 3.3.0 itself is going to be in a longer holding pattern as seems likely?
    I noticed something tonight in my Rolemaster game. When I open the map as GM, if tokens are "missing" (but the square they are/were in still shows as linked to the CT), I have to drag tokens to the map again.

At this point, when players report they cannot see the tokens, they can however see the squares the tokens should be in because they do get the shading indicating linkage back to the CT.

To get the tokens to show up player side, all I have to do is rotate them one position and then they show up, each token "missing" needs to be rotated in this manner individually.

I had recently reported this issue and one of the Devs verified the issue, and it is fixed in what is now 3.3.0... which would be great if 3.3.0 was still 3.2.4.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    [CnC] Race and class records did not provide a lock button, or allow the name to be edited. Fixed.
    Finally got around to playing with this. While I can now unlock and edit the custom "class" records to rename them, and I can drag and drop custom "abilities" I've created within a character sheet onto the class record, if I export class records those abilities all show up "blank" - the contents of the abilities do not export.

Just testing the 5E saving throw issue reported where players can see all saving throws.

If the saving throw is made by a PC that the player owns, then the rolls are shown on that PC machine. This is expected behavior at this point, since the PC is making the save.

I can verify that the save result is displayed on the player message if the Show GM Rolls is enabled, regardless of the show results option. Since the show results option was originally written for attack/damage, I don't think it was ever added. I'll see if I can update the show results option to work with saving throws.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Finally got around to playing with this. While I can now unlock and edit the custom "class" records to rename them, and I can drag and drop custom "abilities" I've created within a character sheet onto the class record, if I export class records those abilities all show up "blank" - the contents of the abilities do not export.
    Hmm... I never export so I didn't even consider this. My NPCs in the U1 remaster have "ability" links just like PCs do. I was hoping to get feedback on that once it goes live in the store (or is it already? we don't get notified of such things) but I highly suspect those would not export to a custom campaign... Dammit.

The ability links should still export, as long as the ability records are exported at the same time. I'm assuming they are custom story records you created, and dropped a link in the race record description field.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The ability links should still export, as long as the ability records are exported at the same time. I'm assuming they are custom story records you created, and dropped a link in the race record description field.
    I created abilities records on a PC sheet (I don't know of any other way to create them...) Then I dragged and dropped them onto a class record. When I view them in the original campaign, they are fine.

Then I exported "Classes" to a module. In another campaign, I open the module. When I open the module in that new campaign and click on a link in the class, it comes up blank.

Original Campaign: Attachment 18509
    New Campaign: Attachment 18510

Also, I just noticed that image links in class records do not export, either.
    Last edited by Andraax; April 11th, 2017 at 18:14.

Yeah, they won't export from a PC sheet.

Links within formatted text fields do not chain export on purpose, as it would become very messy quickly and you would never be able to limit exports effectively. And in this case, I would be worried about data integrity, since you would be exporting information into the PC sheet space in the module.

You would have to include abilities as a story entry for now (and export that way), until someone gets a chance to build out abilities as a separately tracked list in the race/class records.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Moon Wizard;331894...
    You would have to include abilities as a story entry for now (and export that way), until someone gets a chance to build out abilities as a separately tracked list in the race/class records.
    ...[/QUOTE]
    You say that as if you aren't that someone *G* (Though maybe Doug does do some real work on occasion ! )

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information