5E Character Create Playlist
Page 10 of 18 First ... 89101112 ... Last

Thread: AD&D Ruleset

Believe it or not, those errors were due to my old eyes. I saw 05% and read it as .05% and said, that's strange, how can it be a decimal, well, I'll just bump it up to 1%. Easy to fix. Will get it in next pass.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

Being new to all this I have to ask can you point me to an explanation of what to do with the .pak you have here. I am very much interested in seeing the AD&D info.
    Shut up and roll the dice already.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyppee View Post
    Being new to all this I have to ask can you point me to an explanation of what to do with the .pak you have here. I am very much interested in seeing the AD&D info.
    Download the AD&D.pak file
    Copy the .pak file into your FG's /rulesets/ folder
    Start a new campaign using the AD&D ruleset

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Download the AD&D.pak file
    Copy the .pak file into your FG's /rulesets/ folder
    Start a new campaign using the AD&D ruleset
    Most likely your Fantasy Grounds install directory is going to be under the ProgramData folder (which is most likely hidden). As an example, if you installed on your C drive, then it would be located in C:\ProgramData\Fantasy Grounds. The rulesets directory would be under Fantasy Grounds, so C:\ProgramData\Fantasy Grounds\rulesets. As Talyn said, drop the AD&D.pak file into the rulesets folder, launch Fantasy Grounds, and you should be good to go.
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder
    Currently Running (rotating home campaigns): Hobgoblins, Orcs, and Kobolds, Oh My! (5E), The Enemy Within (WFRP)
    Currently Playing: Castle Zagyg (Labyrinth Lord), The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (AD&D)

The easiest way to find the Fantasy Grounds data directory is from the launch screen. Just above the version number in the upper right corner is an icon of a folder. Clicking that opens the data directory. You will then see the "ruleset" folder inside of that. Drop the file into there. Note: this ruleset requires the installation of the C&C ruleset in order to operate. You can find that one in the FG store.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyppee View Post
    And Welcome to the Community!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Version 1.3.3 release 2/27/17

12 Wisdom should be +5% not +1% for SpF [Fixed]
    7 Charisma > -5% not -1% for Reaction [Fixed]
    8 Charisma > -5% not -1% for Loyalty [Fixed]
    13 Charisma > +5% not +1% for Reaction [Fixed]
    14 Charisma > +5% not +1% for Loyalty [Fixed]
    Initiative field inside Combat tab not rolling [Fixed]
    [New Feature] Added 1 new field to NPC Sheet to allow separate value from C&C for AD&D Movement Rates.

Upcoming: Finally going to try to tackle the Encumbrance issue i.e. break away from the C&C EV system and go to the AD&D gold weight standard. Wish me luck.

Get it here.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

It's like an update before each game! Thanks for staying on top of all of these issues! Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by vodokar View Post
    Upcoming: Finally going to try to tackle the Encumbrance issue i.e. break away from the C&C EV system and go to the AD&D gold weight standard. Wish me luck.

Get it here.
    Thanks for the update and good luck !

I'm new to Fantasy Grounds and wanted to test it with AD&D so I was excited to see this rule set. I've got 3.2.3 installed and launch through Steam.
    I saw that I needed the Castles & Crusades module for this to work, so I bought it. I put the .pak file into the FantasyGrounds\rulesets folder - the same one where I put the OSRIC pak file - but it is not showing up in the list. Any suggestions? OSRIC shows up and all my other mods show up but not AD&D.

Update: After an update, it appears that FG had reset the data folder to a non-existent folder. I reset the folder to point to my .pak files and updated, and now it is showing up!
    Last edited by doctoratlantis; March 8th, 2017 at 11:34.

Thread Information