Starfinder Playlist
Page 4 of 15 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhern View Post
    Updated progress. Working on the character sheet now. I'm going to attempt to make it look like the sheet in the book. Also, I'm trying to decide what to do with some of the alternate rules, such as alternate saving throws - death rays & poison, dragon's breath, wands, spells and saves, and turned to stone - or if I just provide the base rules with no alternative options. I think for the first release that will be the case and then I will explore providing options to allow the Referee to decide if they want to use alternate rules or not. It might be way more work than I'm willing to do in the long run. We'll see.
    If I were doing this I would code only the Core Rule - or - my favourite variant rule and later on I would consider adding optional methods....
    Also.... as a little side project... Im writing a MoreCore BX extension....

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    If I were doing this I would code only the Core Rule - or - my favourite variant rule and later on I would consider adding optional methods....
    Also.... as a little side project... Im writing a MoreCore BX extension....
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too, damned - just Core for now. I might consider doing an extension after I'm finished. Also, I like how you think, sir, with the BX extension!
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder
    Currently Running (rotating home campaigns): Hobgoblins, Orcs, and Kobolds, Oh My! (5E), The Enemy Within (WFRP)
    Currently Playing: Castle Zagyg (Labyrinth Lord), The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (AD&D)

Awesome to hear things are going well, Zhern. I would stick to the core complete S&W rules first. Maybe add the optional stuff later.

Damned, I had been wondering, what is the Damned Basic Dungeon in your signature? Is that related to the BX project you just mentioned or something different?
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

Nothing to see here, move along.
    Last edited by Zhern; December 21st, 2016 at 03:34.
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder
    Currently Running (rotating home campaigns): Hobgoblins, Orcs, and Kobolds, Oh My! (5E), The Enemy Within (WFRP)
    Currently Playing: Castle Zagyg (Labyrinth Lord), The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (AD&D)

So I might have gotten distracted and couldn't let the libraries not work properly. They are now mapped and usable within the ruleset. Back to the character sheet and mechanics.
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder

I totally know the feeling. I'm still plugging through unarmed attacks for AD&D, which I know is a feature that won't be used much, if at all, but just can't let it go until I know it's done best I can make it. Sucks to be a perfectionist sometimes.

BTW, don't be shy to share some of what your working on even if it's in a rough state still. I can tell you that I found the comments of my friends extremely helpful and inspiring.
    Last edited by vodokar; December 23rd, 2016 at 04:24.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vodokar View Post
    I totally know the feeling. I'm still plugging through unarmed attacks for AD&D, which I know is a feature that won't be used much, if at all, but just can't let it go until I know it's done best I can make it. Sucks to be a perfectionist sometimes.

BTW, don't be shy to share some of what your working on even if it's in a rough state still. I can tell you that I found the comments of my friends extremely helpful and inspiring.
    Let it go man! Let it go!
    Well actually - work on the stuff that excites you the most - although that leaves all the boring bits for the end...
    Hmmm... just ignore me!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Let it go man! Let it go!
    Well actually - work on the stuff that excites you the most - although that leaves all the boring bits for the end...
    Hmmm... just ignore me!
    Hah ha ha, I'm obsessing over a column not being wide enough to display "Rate of Fire," and my brain is zapped (guess it could be that I've been up since 5am, went to work, etc.) and I'm failing to wrap my head around the bounds used for the window and how to increase the width of the column. I should probably sleep.
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder

Updated with current progress.
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder

Looks like your making good progress. Awesome job.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

Thread Information